What is your favourite country to visit?

I've been to 21 countries on 6 continents and out of the places I've visited there have been two places that I'm actively trying to figure out a plan to go back. Those are Japan and Hawaii (yes not a country). The other places I would go back depending on the circumstances. However, we have plans to visit Maui and some of the other islands again and I'm actively discussing with my wife about going back to Tokyo and this time seeing more of the country. We loved Tokyo and can't wait to go back.

Last edited:

It's encouraging to see some of you mention Japan. We are planning on going next May for our first trip outside of the country.

We have visited at least 8 countries so far and I always ask my kids where they want to go and they always say Japan. I have to keep reminding them it has to be somewhere we have never been. :)
That’s awesome! What do they like about it so much?

The loved the food mainly, but they also enjoyed the interactions with all the people as they are all very polite. They also loved all the high tech around the city as well as the shopping and games.

The loved the food mainly, but they also enjoyed the interactions with all the people as they are all very polite. They also loved all the high tech around the city as well as the shopping and games.
Awesome! You just made me even more excited!

Outside of the US I have only been to France, Canada, and St. Lucia. Of the three, St. Lucia is by far my favorite.

It seems to be very polarizing in terms of whether people either love it or hate it. I found it to be reasonably priced and beyond gorgeous!

To follow up on my post above about Tokyo....For some context, last October we spent 6 nights in Tokyo and 6 in Sydney as one vacation. Tonight my wife and I were talking and she said that she liked Tokyo much more then Sydney and out of the two would choose going back to Tokyo over Sydney. There is just something about the people and culture.

To follow up on my post above about Tokyo....For some context, last October we spent 6 nights in Tokyo and 6 in Sydney as one vacation. Tonight my wife and I were talking and she said that she liked Tokyo much more then Sydney and out of the two would choose going back to Tokyo over Sydney. There is just something about the people and culture.
Everyone keeps making me excited to visit Japan next May.

I've been to Mexico, the Philippines (5 times, some for business), Hong Kong twice and Japan 5 times.

There's no question, Japan is my favorite...so much so that I'd really like to live there once I can feasibly do it.

The cities are clean and safe, the people are generally friendly and helpful, very polite. The food is almost always high quality and fresh.

There's just high standards for almost everything they do and it shows. The country is also very beautiful with a wide range of traditional and modern areas and there is always, ALWAYS something new to do/see/experience/taste :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!