What is your hometown famous for ?

I grew up in Norwalk, Ohio where the word Norovirus came from. Since 1981 I have lived in Milan, Ohio which is the birthplace of Thomas Edison.

While not my home town, I have lived in or near Athens, GA for about 40 years. Famous for University of Georgia, how bout them dawgs.

I was born in Cucamonga, Ca (now Rancho Cucamonga). Bugs Bunny mentioned it a few times.

I also went to high school in Albuquerque, which Bugs should have made a left at.

Ft Lauderdale, FL. (Yes people are actually born here)

Um, a lot. If you went to college in the 1980's, this was the spot for spring break before South Beach and Daytona caught on.

We are always in the news for something. Usually something weird.

It is cool to see all the huge mansions on the intercostal. The beaches are nice. A lot of nightlife.

Kind of like a Miami beach light.

Tullahoma, TN - where I grew up - UT Space Institute and Wind Tunnel testing.
Lynchburg, TN - where I live now - Jack Daniel Distillery

Asparagus capital of the world
Blue Diamond walnuts
Chris Isaak (went to high school with him)
Alex Spanos - late owner of the San Diego Chargers

Hometown: Debbie Macomber, she based the fictional city in her books off of our small town. For anyone younger, it's also the hometown of Madelaine Petsch from Riverdale; I graduated with her brother.

Current town: The emerald city aka Seattle. Known for lots of things like grunge (Nirvana), booming industry (Amazon, Starbucks, Microsoft, Nordstrom, etc.), rain, Pike Place Market, Space Needle, etc.

My hometown is ideally located within 25 miles of Ivy Green, birthplace of Helen Keller, FAME Recording Studios very instrumental in early to present mega hits. Also 20 miles from birthplace of WC Handy, father of the blues, and 40 minutes from Masrshal Space Flight Center , instrumental in all space flights. All this while being surrounded by 2 beautiful rivers great for fishing.

I was born in Lebanon, PA which is known for Lebanon sweet bologna.

I live now right outside of Hershey, PA which is known for chocolate (as I’m sure you’re all aware). When the wind is blowing in the right direction, we can smell chocolate at our house.
I love Lebanon sweet bologna (and Hershey's).

The City that never sleeps baby. Okay in suburb, so we sleep a little when we want to and we got the Mets.
And I have to say about the never sleeping its true, I mean 3:30 in the morning and many places will stilll be going strong.

Do you mean Richman's? Nope, it closed some years back.

View attachment 426128

You might want to think twice before buying pretzels from a street vendor. Old video, but probably still applies today.

Oh, I have never bought them from the streets, my dad did when I was very little, as it was a stop my dad used to do just before we went over the bridge going to the shore. I don’t know if I have seen any where I go now, mostly just the newspapers, though the guy I saw selling that has not been around for awhile either.

Haha for the report. But growing up, was a fun memory.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter