What is your hometown

My techincal hometown, nothing.

However, it is right next to Three Mile Island. My house was about a 7-8 minute drive to the river.

My original hometown is in Rush Limbaugh's book. My current hometown is now known where the East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer lived.

Known is kind of a relative term because I doubt anybody here could even find my original hometown on a map. But locally it's known for being on the "right" side of the highway as opposed to a nearby town on the "wrong" side. Sort of a Springfield/Shelbyville type rivalry. :laughing:

Originally, Quakers and figs. Now, its the "rich" town over there. So pretty much snobs? Though, it was once known to be one of the safest cities in America. But now who knows, it's less that 20 miles from Sante Fe where the shootings just occurred. Where I grew up. Where I live now, High School football and great fishing.

Originally... some crazy teen that was a mistress and attempted to murder her Boyfriends wife.. after ringing her doorbell.
( thankfully she survived..) crazy!

Now... known as Paradise, and it is!

My hometown? Nothing. Possibly people being snobbish.

The large metro area in which I grew up? Cars, music, and urban decay.

Originally... some crazy teen that was a mistress and attempted to murder her Boyfriends wife.. after ringing her doorbell.
( thankfully she survived..) crazy!

I remember this!

My hometown is known for being the final resting place, as closely as can be known, of John Proctor and his wife Elizabeth, hanged during the Salem witch hysteria. It's challenging to determine the murder sites and resting places accurately, as at the time, Salem encompassed much of Essex County and has been split into several cities since that time. They are pretty sure John Proctor is buried near my old high school.

Current hometown? Location of the flagship campus of the University of Maine. Also described pretty clearly in several of Stephen King's novels, although not by name.

Mike Trout

2 times American League mvp. Rookie of the year, 5 times silver slugger, too many awards to list and he’s not done

I was just in Millville last weekend, at NJMP (New Jersey Motorsports Park). And boy oh boy, what I wouldn't give to see him come and play for his hometown area team.

My direct hometown is known for George Washington crossing the Delaware River on some random cold evening. :D But my hometown area is widely known for booing Santa, Will Smith, soft pretzels, cheesesteaks, Rocky. Oh, and one other little thing....the reigning Super Bowl Champions!!!! :cool1:

The city I grew up in when at my mom's- has been on the list for best places to live in the past in part due to its affordability, lesser known it was raided and nearly destroyed by Quantrill before a more famous raid Quantrill did.

The city I grew up in when at my dad's- consistently one of the safest cities in the U.S. as well as one of the most desirable in terms of raising children and for its affordability. Also Rob Riggle, Paul Rudd, Jason Sudeikis, and Eric Stonestreet.

Both are in the same metro.

Paws, Inc. (also known as Paws Incorporated) is an American comic studio and production company. It was founded by American cartoonist Jim Davis to support the Garfieldseries, comic strips and its licensing. It is located in Muncie, Indiana and has a staff of nearly 50 artists and licensing administrators.

Ball Corp. was headquartered in Muncie until a few years ago. Ball canning jars were well know when people canned their food. Younger people wouldn't remember this.

High school basketball. The movie Hoosiers was based on Muncie Central vs. Milan in the state high school basketball finals in 1954. Muncie Central has won more state high school basketball champions than any other school in Indiana.

"Close Encounters Of The Third Kind"-the movie was set in Muncie, IN even though it wasn't filmed here.

Now we are well know for the FBI investigating our local government. The FBI has been here for 2 years looking at the corruption. Our school system along with Gary, IN are the only school systems taken over by the Indiana state government. It's sad how we have hit rock bottom because of corrupt politics.

You would have to define home town. If you mean where I live, it's known for Georgia Bulldogs football and the University of Georgia.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!