What is your hometown

Philadelphia?

I was too young to be aware of it when it happened.

2.jpg

The city I was born in is quite large so something my immediate neighborhood (within walking distance) is known for is a park designed by the same person as Central Park in Manhattan, expensive brownstones/mansions and a famous plane crash in 1960 where everyone on board and a few on the ground were all killed. A little boy travelling by himself survived for I think a day or two but then he died. The hospital he died in has a plaque dedicated to the crash and in the plaque is the change that was in the little boys pocket. It's a very sad but interesting story. It was before I was born but my mom heard the crash from where we lived.

I was too young to be aware of it when it happened.

2.jpg

To my knowledge, no film of the incident survives. The thing is, the real santa didn't show up. So they had to yank some kid out of the stands in a santa suit to do it.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=7375517

I do find it funny in an ironic way that for all the nasty incidents that occurred including deliberately puking on a 10 year old and brutally injuring the guy who was the opposing team's mascott that this relatively mild incident in comparison is what they're known for.

Last edited:
How could you forgot that.

I try not to remember or dwell on the negative things about my city. I have lived in Philadelphia my entire life and yes it has some bad things but I like to think the positives far outweigh the negatives. Why should a city as large as this be remembered for the behaviors of a few bad people when there are so many wonderful people here?

I currently live between "yachts and Naval Academy" and "crabs and murder." Where I grew up is just known for murder. :laughing:

...and the oldest continuous state fair in the United States.

Another for fairs! - My original hometown has the oldest county fair. - It's been held annually since 1819.

My current hometown has no such claim...but the nearest major city is known for some famous lanterns and a big tea party!

The 1919 Molasses Flood in the North End of Boston
You can still smell it & see the brown tint on certain streets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts