What is your not so normal item to pack, which is helpful while at WDW ?

Maybe because I stay in a studio villa, it makes sense to me.

Our studio has a microwave and fridge, so what difference does it make if I bring an electric kettle?

Disney won't be responsible if your kettle starts a fire. You would be. They would be if an appliance they provide does. Are your pockets deep enough to cover medical costs for everyone else in the hotel if there is an accident and you start a fire? Disney's are.

Has anyone compiled a useful packing list that includes that less common items that have been suggested here? I've read through several pages of posts but can't wade through all of them. I just wonder what the most useful suggestions have been. Thanks!

Has anyone compiled a useful packing list that includes that less common items that have been suggested here? I've read through several pages of posts but can't wade through all of them. I just wonder what the most useful suggestions have been. Thanks!
I think the most helpful item is ziplock bags in various sizes.
Ponchos are great too.

I'm not sure if Frosty towels are like Frogg Toggs or not. But, I have the toggs and
when you wet them and ring them out, they can be placed anywhere you want to be cooled
down. I cut mine in half and carry one in a plastic bag and wear the other one around my neck,
then when the one I am wearing sort of "warms' up, I pull the one out of the baggie and
go thru the same steps. I use the plastic bag and I use water fountains to rewet the "warm"
togg up...It's amazing how wonderful they can keep you cool.
I use the same thing! Those things are like little miracles on hot park days lol. My other half also uses them at the house when cutting the grass to keep cool in summer as we live in Florida.

Ziploc bags for putting our phones in while we are on a water ride (ex. splash mountain), or if you are traveling with younger kids, a cheap shower curtain to cover the stroller when it rains.

We use ziploc bags. We also take a small keychain flashlight for checking for bedbugs. This last trip I actually took along a roll of scotch tape. The use of the scotch tape is this: We fly, but we need a little bit more than the small travel allowances for our bathroom supplies. So, we put scotch tape over the caps of any and all liquid supplies to keep them from leaking in our checked bags. It was easy to prep at home, but for the return trip, you just can't go ask for tape, so I took a full dispenser (like you use for the holidays) along and it worked wonderfully.

I take ziploc bags and I pack my "larger that 3oz" liquids and gels in them in my checked bag. Then, if they leak, they leak in the bag and not all over the rest of the contents of my checked bag.

If we are going to be driving on the toll-roads while down there, I use the mini-M&M tubes to keep my quarters in. However, I discovered the hard way that this can also be a trigger for the TSA to pull you aside and screen your bag at the airport. Apparently metal tube-shaped items are something they watch for. :)

I love some of the ideas on here!!!

To prevent hair & skin problems from super-chlorinated pools, we use something called Swim Spray. You spray it on your hair when you’re in the shower after swimming. Rinse your hair first, then spray on the Swim Spray, then wash your hair normally like you usually do. The Swim Spray neutralizes the pool chemicals on your hair. Works on skin, too, in case you are prone to breaking out in a rash after you swim in a pool with a lot of chlorine in it. Amazon carries it and you can buy it on the Swim Spray web site, too.

Wash clothes from the dollar tree - the ones that are vacuum sealed. We always keep one in our park bag just in case we have an extra big mess and they take up almost no room.

Toasters and microwave ovens are in most if not all resort food courts. There should be no reason to have these items taking up space in one's luggage. I've seen them in Pop, The All stars, up to the Poly and Contemporary. So, if you need to heat up baby's bottle, or yesterdays left overs it is quite possible to do this without having odours and spills soil your room.

I do agree with a couple of the previous posts referring to an electric kettle.... If they are going to place a coffee maker in your room then I think the ability to 'boil' water in a kettle would be a huge benefit. Heating up breast milk, formula, top ramen etc... While these can be done in a microwave for the most part, a kettle is much more convenient and doesn't involve any of the potential negatives of a microwave.

I pack a couple of 'seat coolers' for our double stroller, a few minutes in the freezer and they stay cool most of the afternoon! A quick recharge in a cool box and they are good to go, makes a huge difference when having 2 kids in the stroller!

Oh... A home made 'boogie board' for the 11 yr old to ride on behind the stroller...... 300lb limit and smooth as butter. If there is a section for 'reviews' i'll gladly put one up ;o)

I love bringing boredom busters. Even though this will be my first WDW trip with a child in tow, I have taken her elsewhere with long lines before.

What I bring is:
1. A double sided page of tongue twisters, riddles, jokes, weird facts, simple challenge ideas (such as staring contest), and conversation starters. ( I plan on making a page for each day we are at WDW) This printed page does wonders! It gets others in the line around us involved and just makes things so much more fun.

2. Tiny things that give bursts of big fun. For example: pop rocks, tiny thing of bubbles, bubble gum (who can blow a bigger bubble?), sour war head candy, mini pen and notepad to play hang man on.... you get the picture.

All in all, my boredom buster bag always fits in a sandwich sized Ziploc bag. It has saved me many of times while waiting in long, long, lines.

Have not read this thread yet, gonna start this weekend, so forgive me if these have already been mentioned.

If you wear glasses, bring a spare pair, even if they were an older prescription. Been on vacation with someone who lost this glasses and it was not fun. Sunglasses are also a good idea also. Last trip to WDW my nieces lost their sunglasses, under my watch, and I had to buy them new ones at the MK before it opened.

A body sponge is also a good addition. With the amount of sunscreen I use at WDW, I never feel clean until I think I have all that sunscreen off me before going to bed.

Not really an unusual item but a great tip I picked up on the boards year ago. One poster, some time ago, suggested a second set of shoes. Now don't get me wrong, I have 3 kids and know what it's like lugging around all these great ideas all day long but a change of shoes goes a long way.
For example we start the day off in our Keens...supportive, durable, water proof. But by around dinner time they feel like you're walking on wooden planks. Switching to a simple set of flip flops gives great relief and keeps everyone from getting the crankies. Hooking the extras up to a carabeener on the side of say a stroller or your back pack makes them easy to cart around and won't take up valuable cargo space.
I also suggest putting your valuables in a fanny pack and strap it to one of the older kids. That way you can leave a bag while on a ride and not worry about losing all your important stuff.

This is the list I've compiled from this thread! (the green is for items to purchase from Dollar Tree). Probably won't actually pack all of these things, but they are all great ideas!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SZKt35MLBHxHlaaSDzcYbyPqKb8mVGeVrg0q7zbsBhw/edit?usp=sharing

To prevent hair & skin problems from super-chlorinated pools, we use something called Swim Spray. You spray it on your hair when you’re in the shower after swimming. Rinse your hair first, then spray on the Swim Spray, then wash your hair normally like you usually do. The Swim Spray neutralizes the pool chemicals on your hair. Works on skin, too, in case you are prone to breaking out in a rash after you swim in a pool with a lot of chlorine in it. Amazon carries it and you can buy it on the Swim Spray web site, too.

I've never heard of this!!! Is it safe for colour treated hair?? DD has long super thick and curly hair. I have to put her hair in about 10 braids to keep it from becoming a rats nest after swimming. I'm checking this out!!

I don't have little ones of my own but I know some parents of very young children who may be afraid of automatic toilets bring a stack of post-it notes to cover the sensors so they won't go off automatically and scare the kiddos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!