What is your opinion on the United Kingdom?

I went to London in 2001, and I adored it. Everyone was lovely to us. I remember being in the Earl's Court tube station with my friends scratching our heads at the London A-Z book we had acquired, when a complete stranger came up and asked if he could help us with anything, and he was patient and very nice. This was our experience most everywhere. There *was* an incident with a couple of drunk idiots late one night while coming home on the underground, but that seemed to be an isolated incident, at least for us.

We had a fabulous time. We went to the Tower of London, the London Eye, we crossed Tower Bridge, and went on the Jack the Ripper tour (which was a complete tourist trap but I loved it anyway). I went down the Thames stairs behind the Cleopatra Needle and filled a vial with some water and mud from the Thames, which I still have. We went past a store on Carnaby Street that was hiring salesclerks and I only half-joked that I was going to apply for the job. My London friend offered her spare room. I was sorely tempted.

aha, you fell for tourist trap places of paying for toilets, lol. I lived in London and there were plenty of decent, free toilets but it takes a bit of planning. Also if I did have to pay for a toilet, I would never pay more than 50p
My daughter is over for lunch. She says her experience was any bathroom that cost less than a pound we likely seedier.

I found they do a passable job speaking English, as a rule. Their beer is fair, their gin is very good, and their food is better than they get credit for.
Oh ...
Okay...
They are way to impressed with the kill-count of Jack the Ripper. Seven? Five?
and they do have some of the best horse racing.

I think they do a pretty good job with animal welfare issues, don't they?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/ethics/animals/defending/legislation_1.shtml
Probably better than us, on the whole. Here, laws vary by state, and some are more stringent than others.
Just curious - what parts of that legislation wouldn’t also be in place in the US in some form? All those same protections apply here in Canada (although the terminology may be different), with the possible exception of the hunting captive animals law, which I didn’t actually know was a thing.

Just curious - what parts of that legislation wouldn’t also be in place in the US in some form? All those same protections apply here in Canada (although the terminology may be different), with the possible exception of the hunting captive animals law, which I didn’t actually know was a thing.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/mar/06/us-chlorinated-chicken-trade-deal-agriculture
https://www.which.co.uk/news/2020/07/uk-vs-us-farming-whats-the-difference/

While I think I get the gist of it, it would have been more informative if there were further direct examples contrasting the two systems. The use of pharmaceuticals in factory farming and chemical decontamination are the only specifics I got, besides the rather more philosophical point about sentience.

Been with my SO for 9 years. Not married. We own a home together and have lived together about 7 years. I’m divorced. He’s never been married.

5 blissful years divorced.

We actually get along fantastic now. We travel with the kids together. My youngest any time Mom is off on Friday evening, wants me to come out for "Family Game Night" which we do often (she LOVES UNO, LOL.)

I'll never get married again. Not even interested in a relationship in the least.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter