What is your top disney wish?

What is your top DVC wish (sorry, only 1 vote)?

• Cheaper AP's $150 per year

• A Contemporary DVC

• A AK DVC

• Double the size of BCV

• Double the size of VWL

• A Poly DVC

• A better meal plan (20% off all restaurants, all meals)

• A cruise line DVC

• Half off golf for DVC's

• Free Internet at DVC Resorts

• Faster Transportation to DVC resorts

• An online booking systems (# on waitlists, # open/booked rooms, choose your room)

Results are only viewable after voting.
mamatojon said:
That's cute. :rotfl2: Wasn't there an idea way back when to have some residential condos over where the treehouse villas are? Or am I dreaming this up? I thought I read somewhere that they considered having homes or condos for sale or something and it never panned out...

The area where SSR is now was originally planned to be, at least in part, a housing community area. It's sort of a shame it didn't work out. The Fairway Homes and Townhouses in the old Disney Village/Disney Institute were pretty cool. We stayed there a number of times - it would have been a great place to live.

I guess Celebration was supposed to be the replacement for that idea. Celebration is nice enough, but it's not IN Disney World.

DisFlan

Mine wasn't listed. My Disney Wish is a lifetime pass!

I think this should be a part of the DVC package. I would probably end up buying more points and spending more if I could go down anytime I wanted. I know (and do) have an annual pass, but I think it would be very cool to have a lifetime parkhopper pass!

DisFlan said:
The area where SSR is now was originally planned to be, at least in part, a housing community area. It's sort of a shame it didn't work out. The Fairway Homes and Townhouses in the old Disney Village/Disney Institute were pretty cool. We stayed there a number of times - it would have been a great place to live.

I guess Celebration was supposed to be the replacement for that idea. Celebration is nice enough, but it's not IN Disney World.

DisFlan

One of the problems with on-site condos is that Disney does not want permanent residents on property. That would give rise to voting issues for the local government that is currently controlled by Disney. Celebration was de-annexed (correct term?) from the Reedy Creek Improvement District when it was developed.

JimC said:
One of the problems with on-site condos is that Disney does not want permanent residents on property. That would give rise to voting issues for the local government that is currently controlled by Disney. Celebration was de-annexed (correct term?) from the Reedy Creek Improvement District when it was developed.

This was probably a very smart move on Disney's part. It wouldn't take a huge population to skew the vote. But we can dream. :)

DisFlan

Looks like I'm too late to be original. I love DisFlan's idea, who wouldn't want to live in the Mouse House all year long. I voted for on-line booking, but my true wish would be a 1) DL DVC and 2)Hawaii DVC.

That as a tough one! Free high speed internet would be great, but so would really cheap ticket prices for DVCrs!

I wish they would extend DDE to DVCrs as i do not think we'll be renewing our APs this year.

Discounts on AP's are nice, but what about those of us who only visit once a year !! I would vote for a BIG discount on park passes ...sayyyyy ...25% !!! ...and while your at it, how about a " make up your own" Disney Dining Plan with a DVC discount on that as well. DVC members don't really need the full blown dining plan(that's why we have kitchens).

Even if we only went once per year, a $150 AP works great!!! And we still want the ability for the Disney Dining Plan...I only look at my very lovely kitchen :rotfl2: This woman NEVER cooks on vacation! :thumbsup2

Boston5602 said:
uuhhmmm I've Decided What my DISNEY Wish will be

You see dear old UNCLE WALT didn't even know we were related and well with Eisner gone and Roy looking for help they've asked me to step in , live in the castle and run the Disney Company's worldwide. I'm going to need support staff and a new Board of Directors any takers :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

:lmao:
Can I just be the new Disney Fire Chief? :firefight :firefight

abner1776 said:
Discounts on AP's are nice, but what about those of us who only visit once a year !! I would vote for a BIG discount on park passes ...sayyyyy ...25% !!! ...and while your at it, how about a " make up your own" Disney Dining Plan with a DVC discount on that as well. DVC members don't really need the full blown dining plan(that's why we have kitchens).

I'd like the ticket discount, too. (A lot!) But your "build your own" dining plan idea would be a big draw for us. We don't usually do many counter service meals or snacks (maybe a couple per trip), so something that would cover a pre-set number of TS meals a day would be very nice.

DisFlan

How about making all contracts buying into DVC 50 yrs. This way someong buying BCV, OKW, WLV and BWV would all get 50 yrs.

The top 3 answers would be my top 3 also... I've always wanted to see us get a better discount on AP's, definitely have and on-line reservation capability, and for sure an AKL DVC.

EXCELLENT POLL!!! Hopefully, DVC execs are watching!

I voted to have BCV double in size but my next dream would be to have The Poly as DVC. We love the Poly as much as we love BCV, so that, for us, would be the best.

Michele

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter