What kind of numbers does Florida need to come off of the quarantine list?

lynnfitz

DIS Veteran
Hi, trying to figure this out-"googled" it, and still don't quite understand. Although Florida's numbers are still very high, what kind of numbers do they need to come off the quarantine list? The 14-day quarantine travel advisory applies to travel from certain states identified as those that have a positive COVID-19 test rate higher than 10 per 100,000 ... They have been under 10,000 new cases for 11 days. I know, still a very long way to go-but if you're following this, what numbers does the state need to reach? From NY, so we have to quarantine going to Florida, and coming back. Rescheduled our August trip to mid-October, not overly optimistic that the trip will happen, but then again look at NY!
Thanks!

It looks like there are two criteria. Either: a positive test rate higher than 10 per 100,000 residents over a seven-day rolling average; or a testing positivity rate of higher than a 10% over a seven-day rolling average. So while FL may be below the first threshold, I don't think their positivity rate is lower than 10% yet.

Of course the results from this week are going to be skewed due to the state testing sites being closed for Isaias.

Figured the lower % of positives was due to the testing sites being closed, but hoping there is a true drop in the next week so we can go mid-August.

I’m still confused...the positivity rate seems to going in the right direction...but the cases per 100,000 I can’t find the information easily to see how Florida is doing..
Cancelled our September trip and rescheduled for May 2021...would love to go a little sooner if we didn’t have to have to quarantine in New York when we get home.

Thanks, that's what I was looking for-what their daily number would have to be around, heading in the right direction, but still a way to go-

I know I've been watching those numbers almost daily! Leaving mid October, rescheduled from August. I was hoping back in August that Oct would give the state enough of time to get those cases down! Renting points, and I think they expire in November, so if we don't go, we loose quite a bit of $!

I know I've been watching those numbers almost daily! Leaving mid October, rescheduled from August. I was hoping back in August that Oct would give the state enough of time to get those cases down! Renting points, and I think they expire in November, so if we don't go, we loose quite a bit of $!
I think much of this will depend on the "back to school" wave and how bad it is, especially in the norther counties

Hi, trying to figure this out-"googled" it, and still don't quite understand. Although Florida's numbers are still very high, what kind of numbers do they need to come off the quarantine list? The 14-day quarantine travel advisory applies to travel from certain states identified as those that have a positive COVID-19 test rate higher than 10 per 100,000 ... They have been under 10,000 new cases for 11 days. I know, still a very long way to go-but if you're following this, what numbers does the state need to reach? From NY, so we have to quarantine going to Florida, and coming back. Rescheduled our August trip to mid-October, not overly optimistic that the trip will happen, but then again look at NY!
Thanks!
I didn’t think there were any quarantine rules once you got there, only once you returned to NY?

Florida has been below 10% positivity rate for 14 days in a row now. That should get the off all lists but as we know places like to move the bar all the time.

Florida has been below 10% positivity rate for 14 days in a row now. That should get the off all lists but as we know places like to move the bar all the time.

NY also goes by Johns Hopkins positivity rate, not Florida's DOH - Johns Hopkins is still reporting a 7 day rolling average of around 13%.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter