What kind of numbers does Florida need to come off of the quarantine list?

Just wondering what happens if any member of our family takes the test 3 days before leaving FL and it comes up positive. Would we need to leave Disney and quarantine for 2 weeks at a motel or something else? My neurotic brain wants to have a plan ready just in case.

Just wondering what happens if any member of our family takes the test 3 days before leaving FL and it comes up positive. Would we need to leave Disney and quarantine for 2 weeks at a motel or something else? My neurotic brain wants to have a plan ready just in case.
Great question. I don't really know the answer. But unless you do a rapid test, if you take the test say the day before you travel, you likely would not have the results before you travel anyway. I don't know for sure, but its been my presumption it will operate similar to MA where you're just required to produce a negative test with a date within 3 days of leaving FL if/when you're asked for it upon returning to NY. You won't be required to show the results to board the plane or when you land. So if you don't even know the results before you leave, there would be no expectation of quarantining while there.

I’m going to guess that the reasoning is you don’t have that first negative test from Florida that others will have when they arrive on Wednesday. But I’m sure the person you spoke to doesn’t know that, they’ve just probably already had to answer that same question 50 times in their first hour of work this morning and are at their breaking point.
But their anger/impatience should be directed to the people who wrote the text for the announcement and website, not to people who call with questions that the department failed to answer publicly.

But their anger/impatience should be directed to the people who wrote the text for the announcement and website, not to people who call with questions that the department failed to answer publicly.
Exactly. And perhaps they should equip Covid hotline employees with actual information so the rep doesn't have to regurgitate the same non-sensical answers to residents, causing frustration on both ends of the phone.

Great question. I don't really know the answer. But unless you do a rapid test, if you take the test say the day before you travel, you likely would not have the results before you travel anyway. I don't know for sure, but its been my presumption it will operate similar to MA where you're just required to produce a negative test with a date within 3 days of leaving FL if/when you're asked for it upon returning to NY. You won't be required to show the results to board the plane or when you land. So if you don't even know the results before you leave, there would be no expectation of quarantining while there.
Reading through all the posts and this does not seem to be answered anywhere. I would be interested in this also.

Reading through all the posts and this does not seem to be answered anywhere. I would be interested in this also.
I just flew in to ny on Saturday and did not take a test before leaving. They had you fill out a form upon arrival and one of the questions was if you had taken a test and stated that you could be required to produce the results. I still have not heard anything from DOH.

I just flew in to ny on Saturday and did not take a test before leaving. They had you fill out a form upon arrival and one of the questions was if you had taken a test and stated that you could be required to produce the results. I still have not heard anything from DOH.
You will usually hear from them 2 days after you return. Please let us know what they are saying when they call. I did the quarantine back in September but I’m curious to know how they are handling the new testing options.

You will usually hear from them 2 days after you return. Please let us know what they are saying when they call. I did the quarantine back in September but I’m curious to know how they are handling the new testing options.
We flew home to NY on 10/30, which was before the test out option was available, so we were required to quarantine for 14 days. We filled out the form with the National Guard before leaving the airport - it was a two page form but they only asked us to complete our name, number and flight number. We never once heard from the department of health, the county, the state... no one. Our quarantine period is over now. So, my guess is that they are focusing efforts on validating testing with those who have gone the route of the new test out option.

It’s my understanding from everything I have read that (in accordance with the new form you have to complete at the airport), you may be required to produce negative results from Florida (or whichever state) within 72 hours of your departure and negative results from NY on day 4 (or later) after arriving, and then you are cleared to end your quarantine. You’d only be “in trouble” if you end your quarantine and can’t produce one of these things, if asked. So there is no expectation of receiving negative results before you travel home to NY.

We flew home to NY on 10/30, which was before the test out option was available, so we were required to quarantine for 14 days. We filled out the form with the National Guard before leaving the airport - it was a two page form but they only asked us to complete our name, number and flight number. We never once heard from the department of health, the county, the state... no one. Our quarantine period is over now. So, my guess is that they are focusing efforts on validating testing with those who have gone the route of the new test out option.

It’s my understanding from everything I have read that (in accordance with the new form you have to complete at the airport), you may be required to produce negative results from Florida (or whichever state) within 72 hours of your departure and negative results from NY on day 4 (or later) after arriving, and then you are cleared to end your quarantine. You’d only be “in trouble” if you end your quarantine and can’t produce one of these things, if asked. So there is no expectation of receiving negative results before you travel home to NY.

This is my understanding as well. If you have the two negative tests, you are cleared from quarantine.

If something happens, and you later test positive, or are part of a contract tracing call and have broken quarantine, they will ask for the information regarding testing,

The one piece I have not yet had confirmed is if the text you get will ask about it. For the 14 day, all it asked was if you had symptoms.

This is my understanding as well. If you have the two negative tests, you are cleared from quarantine.

If something happens, and you later test positive, or are part of a contract tracing call and have broken quarantine, they will ask for the information regarding testing,

The one piece I have not yet had confirmed is if the text you get will ask about it. For the 14 day, all it asked was if you had symptoms.
So I did the two test/three day quarantine and I got texts asking if I had any symptoms and I got a text on what was actually my second day of freedom from quarantine saying I had to test negative to exit quarantine and to upload my results. I didn’t, solely because I was having problems doing so but I still have the negative tests in case anyone requests them (no one has).

I also got an additional symptom check text over the weekend.

So I did the two test/three day quarantine and I got texts asking if I had any symptoms and I got a text on what was actually my second day of freedom from quarantine saying I had to test negative to exit quarantine and to upload my results. I didn’t, solely because I was having problems doing so but I still have the negative tests in case anyone requests them (no one has).

I also got an additional symptom check text over the weekend.
Did you have to forward test results? I wonder why you need to test twice. If you come back and test negative at day 4 you would think that would be enough. At that point why would it matter if you tested negative while in Florida?

Did you have to forward test results? I wonder why you need to test twice. If you come back and test negative at day 4 you would think that would be enough. At that point why would it matter if you tested negative while in Florida?
Nope, didn’t need to forward anything or produce anything. It did ask to upload my results and I did try but all it asked for was my name and DOB. Maybe they then looked for records of a test? I don’t know. Haven’t gotten any other questions about it.

I think the idea of the negative result prior to arrival is to make sure you aren’t entering the state with it. I have a feeling it’s for people who are maybe taking longer trips as kind of a check or something. My trip was only three days so I literally took a test the day I got there so it seemed almost...not silly, but maybe not necessary. I think I saw somewhere where Cuomo said doing it this way indicates two negative tests within a week, which seems to be pretty indicative of whether or not you have it.

I attached a screenshot of the text they sent asking me to text before leaving quarantine. It came with a link for results but again, only asked for my name and DOB.

Edit: I did respond N to the symptoms text. It just sent three times in a row for some reason before I answered.

Attachments

• 18CC7E0A-6BFD-4541-8BBF-355A30B0529E.jpeg
    18CC7E0A-6BFD-4541-8BBF-355A30B0529E.jpeg
    61.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Im sorry if this has been asked and I am kinda confused. We are supposed to take a test before we go to Disney? Im from NJ and we are going Dec 12th

Exactly. And perhaps they should equip Covid hotline employees with actual information so the rep doesn't have to regurgitate the same non-sensical answers to residents, causing frustration on both ends of the phone.
When my son had a positive test before returning to college(swim practice :O), I asked a Ton of questions w the rep on the phone. He said and I quote "I have no clue, I just started yesterday" WTH!!!

Im sorry if this has been asked and I am kinda confused. We are supposed to take a test before we go to Disney? Im from NJ and we are going Dec 12th
No. The poster you quoted meant that they did not take a test before leaving Florida to return to their home state, which I assume is NY. Last week in NY, they began allowing people to "test out" of the mandatory quarantine upon returning home. One of the requirements of this is to take a test 72 hours (or less) prior to returning home. So those of us in NY who wish to avoid quarantine have to get a test in Florida sometime within 3 days before the end of our trip. I'm not sure what the requirements are for returning home to NJ, but there are no requirements for going to Disney or Florida.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter