What kind of unique dishes are from your area?

The closest regional thing I can think of (Cambridgeshire, UK) is Chelsea buns, which are a real staple in Cambridge for both the university students and visitors.

As far as nationally, we have fish and chips, toad in the hole, and bangers and mash.

The closest regional thing I can think of (Cambridgeshire, UK) is Chelsea buns, which are a real staple in Cambridge for both the university students and visitors.

As far as nationally, we have fish and chips, toad in the hole, and bangers and mash.

Don’t forget beans on toast. YUM

Previously mentioned: the tenderloin sandwich is a big thing.

I have also lived in IL, so I already know the already mentioned "horseshoe". OMG those are so good!

She crab soup
Shrimp and grits

I live in SW PA. I feel like we don't have a unique regional food. Pierogies? Halushki? Isaly's chipped ham barbeque? Primanti's sandwiches with french fries and coleslaw--but I think they are disgusting and I always pick off the fries and slaw anyway.
I love Primanti's sandwiches, but hold the coldslaw and add an IC light mango!

I don't think any of the dishes San Francisco is known for are unique any more. They're so good, everyone tries to copy them.

Cioppino.
It's It Ice cream cookie sandwiches.
Crab Louis
Mission Style Burritos.
Green Goddess dressing.
Sourdough bread.
Ghirardelli chocolates
Rice A Roni.
Dungeness crab.

About the only ones I don't see imitated or sold all over the county are Joe's special or a hangtown fry or Kung Pao Pastrami.
You forgot sanddabs! I love the pan fried sanddabs at Tadich Grill.

Hot Brown
Derby Pie
Benedictine spread
I've eaten these all of my life, thanks to my grandmother's family who lived in the area. She learned to make them and passed the recipes on to my Dad. I was in heaven when I was in Louisville this summer!

There's a fishmonger on US1 just past Atlantic Seafood, on the opposite side of the road, going towards the WM at Old Saybrook. Do you know the name because I forgot? It's run by a woman and her husband now but used to be operated by her dad.

What is the "WM at Old Saybrook"? Can't for the life of me figure out what that is. Walmart? Aside from Atlantic the only other place I can think of is the Fish Market. They are in a small strip of stores across the street from Johnny Ads. Is that the one?

What is the "WM at Old Saybrook"? Can't for the life of me figure out what that is. Walmart? Aside from Atlantic the only other place I can think of is the Fish Market. They are in a small strip of stores across the street from Johnny Ads. Is that the one?
I'm sorry, yes, Walmart's. It definitely is in a small strip mall and now I'll check out Johnny Ads, to see if Google maps will give me a view of the Fish Market too.

Looked it up with the additional info you gave and you aced it!
It's called Saybrook Seafood, has a much more abbreviated selection than Atlantic Seafood (also different pricing to a certain degree), and various products Atlantic doesn't sell like smoked eel from the CT River, and shad whenever the spring run is. Thank you soooo much because I'm sending the man there alone one day and if the directions aren't minutely exact he's lost without his personal navigator on board;).
:cool2:

"Like" with points off for clam pie response, LOL.
Alright maybeeeeeeeee you prefer a summer tomato pie with your Foxon birch beer. New Haven pizza is the only style rival to the NY pizza I grew up on:).

There's a fishmonger on US1 just past Atlantic Seafood, on the opposite side of the road, going towards the WM at Old Saybrook. Do you know the name because I forgot? It's run by a woman and her husband now but used to be operated by her dad.

Do you mean Johnny Ads?

We like Foxon but I don't get it often. They sell it at our one of our pizza places in my town. OK I am sure they sell it at many places here in CT!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter