What level of education do your parents have?

My dad dropped out in 11th grade and is a commercial painting contractor. He's 58.

My mom got an AA and is a phlebotomist at a doctors office. She's 59.

Mom (84) has a Bachelors degree in Education and several classes towards a Masters in Religion (unfinished).

Dad (81) has two Bachelors degrees - one in Art and one in Forestry.

My mom has a high school diploma and took a few classes at a community college just for her own benefit (a few typing classes when computers really started taking off in the mid/late 80's, an accounting class when she got a job as a bookkeeper in the 90's). My dad has a bachelor's degree.

Father graduated high school in 1939. He then took night classes at Temple U in Philadelphia for 2.5 years while working days. When the US got involved in WWII, he joined the army. Starting about 1946 he went back to taking night classes while working and finished his Bachelor's in 1951.

He eventually got a Master's right after I was born in 1959.

Mother graduated high school in 1943. In her working class town, it was unheard of for girls to go to college. Probably less than 10% of boys continued their education after HS. In fact, the town probably had a HS graduation rate of less than 50% at the time. Many kids had to drop out to help support their families.

My dad dropped out to join the Navy but got his GED. He did take some community college courses later.My mom graduated from a vocational high school with a degree on hair styling which she never used because she was scared to take the test to get her license.

Mom has a degree, she’s a CPA
Dad quit before his 15th b-day, in 7th or 8th grade, he wanted out and my grandfather signed for him to quit. He knew he wasn’t going anywhere with an education and wanted to go to work, and honestly it hasn’t hurt him at all he’s done well for himself.

Dad had a bachelors and Mom had a bachelors and a couple masters degrees. If they were alive they would be well into their eighties.

Dad graduated high school and was drafted into the Army. Mom had a high school diploma, took some community college classes here and there, and had a real estate license.

My Mom completed a 1 year program at a Fashion College. But even that, she said her mother didn't understand why she wanted more school.

My Dad flunked out of Engineering school. I knew he had completed 3 years, but I never understood why he didn't finish. Then, after my Grandmother moved in with us, I was helping sort her stuff and found the letter from the school informing him. I showed them to my Mom, and she didn't know either! My Mom talked to him about it privately, and could tell he was embarrassed about it. So it was never mentioned again.

Of my Grandparents, I only know my Dad's Mom finished high school. His Dad made it through 10th, I think. I know my Mom's Mom never graduated because at one point during my lifetime she tried to get her GED, but the math was a problem for her. I'm not really sure about my Mom's Dad.

Father: BS Mechanical Engineering, Penn State
Mother: BS Chemistry, Lebanon Valley College
How did I get so dumb?

My mom - HS
My Dad - PhD in Chemistry
They met in HS and got married at 20 during my Dad's sophomore year of college. They are both 81. Both my grandmothers went to college, neither finished a degree. One taught school until she married and other one had to quit because her only transportation was her horse. Dad's side of the family is much more educated than mom's through her generation. My dad's sisters had masters degrees. Now, everyone goes to college.

My DGPs always regretted not sending my Mom to school. She should have/could have been a doctor. They didn't believe in educating girls, though, so she graduated HS near the top of her class and never went further.

Dad's parents only thought that the first girl and boy should be educated and everyone else should fend for themselves. Dad got an associates' degree when he got out of the Navy.

They made sure that all of their kids had the best education possible.

Mom has a GED. Dad has a high school diploma - he was drafted to Vietnam a month after graduation. He jokes he got a "full ride to the Republic of South Vietnam. 2 year program." ;)

Kinda surprised because I always heard about this wonderful school of hard knocks from my parents and grandparents and figured there'd be at least one graduate from there here on Dis. Must have been a lot harder to get into than I thought.

My Mom dropped out of high school. She married my Dad at age 19.
My Dad graduated high school and was drafted to serve during the Viet Nam War. When he finished, he went through an apprenticeship program to become an electrician which was his lifelong occupation.

Dad--HS diploma
Mom--dropped out of college after 2 years to get married and have me. Went back to college when I was about 6 yrs old. So proud of her for finishing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!