What made you smile today?

I got a call that my new Bobcat track loader should be here at the first of next week. Really looking forward to having an enclosed cab with a/c and heat. It cost as much as my house but it's something I use daily for work.

My puppy (not really a puppy 3 years old but a tiny little yorkie) had to come to work with me and my son dropped by to drop something off for me to fax for him. She ran to him all wagging tail and shaking with excitement. He picked her up for kisses and the smile on his face and joy in her little body was perfect.

Our beautiful weather. When I took my usual 4+ mile walk, not sure the smile left my face. Being able to walk in a t shirt and shorts in the latter half of October, is truly a wonder and a joy.

Definitely!!

I found DD8 going through our cupboards looking for food for the food bank. Her school was having a drive of nonperishable items and cash in exchange for a pumpkin supplied by a local farm. Sh asked why they wanted cash and I explained that the food bank can BUY more food with $5 than I can because they buy at the price the store buys the food at not what the sell it at. She still put the soup and cans in the bag but went and got her own allowance money to add to it. Pretty proud of the empathetic caring young lady she is growing up to be.

I was looking out the commuter rail window this morning, and riding beside the train (on the road of course) was a woman riding a bike in a dress, with a basket on the front, and her posture was just like the Wicked Witch from Wizard of Oz. Immediately my mind was singing the 'dum de dum da da dum..' and I was transported to Kansas thinking of Dorothy and Toto. Still smiling - it was such a moment!

I found DD8 going through our cupboards looking for food for the food bank. Her school was having a drive of nonperishable items and cash in exchange for a pumpkin supplied by a local farm. Sh asked why they wanted cash and I explained that the food bank can BUY more food with $5 than I can because they buy at the price the store buys the food at not what the sell it at. She still put the soup and cans in the bag but went and got her own allowance money to add to it. Pretty proud of the empathetic caring young lady she is growing up to be.

My MIL runs a food pantry, and this made me tear right up!

Mine today was getting home earlier than I expected and being able to surprise DS with a ride home from school.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts