What made you smile today?

Today - Disney finally brought their gift cards to Canada. Pure joy. :rotfl:No more shuffling off to Buffalo.

For days and days --- I saw Bat Out Of Hell (musical theatre) on Tuesday and it is still bringing smiles. God gave some people so much freaking talent. Unbelievable voices. Not to mention the joy that album brought all those years ago. Hard week for me. Nothing like live theatre to help alleviate it!

We saw more butterflies today!

I am recovering from foot surgery, have had to sit with my foot up for 6 weeks now. Going for a ride in the car is a big, fun thing to do. We live in Cape May NJ, and this is butterfly migration season. It’s been a better year for butterflies than last year!

https://whyy.org/articles/cape-mays-monarch-butterfly-migration-population-varies-much/

This year at EPCOT Flower and Garden I attended a workshop and we took home some plants that attract butterflies. In my own little garden, I can say, it worked!

:banana:I can finally answer about something that made me really smile today! We finally got a new car,21 years after the last time we bought one--Toyota Camry's last forever (almost)!! lol!

Got an email from Royal Caribbean - all our islands should be back up and running by our cruise in May. I am so loving PR being still the departure port - we LOVE PR!!! Already told DH we are adding 1 day so 4 days before cruise. Looking forward to boosting the PR economy
May seems like a long time from now but it's still hard to believe such devastation can be restored. Please do make a point of coming back and telling us how things are. I've been to all the ports you will be visiting and I can picture the "before" in my mind. My heart has gone out to all the residents of the islands. :goodvibes

As for today's "smile", I'm sitting here in early morning with a cup of coffee :coffee: and absolutely NOTHING on my schedule today. :bride: DH's daughter's wedding was last Saturday and I spent the week prior doing a butt-ton of work "producing and directing" it as the venue was a remote rural hall in the middle of nowhere with limited facilities. (We had to haul in all the furnishings, equipment, food and decor and cater the dinner.) I was so tired last Sunday that my hair hurt and had to hit the ground running back at work Monday morning. Soooooo nice to finally be able to relax and mentally recharge, not to mention catch up on two weeks worth of DVR!

Apparently it is a week of smiles around here. I have lived over 2000 miles from any family (besides my husband) for over 7 years, and now, for at least a few months, my brother will be living a meer 2 hours away!!!!! He just spent a couple nights with us before he heads back to settle in and start his job on Monday, and we had a great time!

I took DS #3 grocery shopping with me. He was so fun and giggly. I was carrying him to the car and just had a moment of perfection. I love this kid. Must remember when he tells me to shut up. :lmao:

Smile of the day: We regularly take part in a goofy little activity called "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner" where you agree to host random strangers for a meal. We'd originally asked for 2 guests but because the person doing the "matches" is a good friend of mine, she called to ask if we would take 4 as there were extra guests and a host shortage. No problem - 4 it is. Got a text this morning saying one of our guests cancelled. Again, no problem but because we have experienced no-shows a time or two, I went ahead and invited a couple of our own friends just to hedge my bets.

Sure enough, not only did the original 4 and my two show up, two of the 4 brought plus-ones (not normally done). My original seating plan for 6 went out the window and we pivoted to buffet and casual seating for the 10 of us. Plenty of food, great company and a good time was had by all! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter