What makes a can chirp?

My opened RedBull (the red edition) is chirping too! I googled "redbull chirping" and ended up here.
Amazingly, I took a drink and it still chirped. Then I took another drink ... and it still chirped. The tone hasn't changed either!

Well done, RedBull.

I even took a video and the mic picked it up :D

I'm here because it's the first hit on Google, welcome to 2019, thread! Definitely one of the strangest things I've Googled (ok, maybe not), but definitely one of the strangest videos I've made.

It still chirped while it was empty, so I'm guessing the can itself is changing shape from temperature changes.

Last edited:

I messaged Kathy (IWAS) and told her her thread had been bumped up for the fifth time in 10 years. She was amused.

Ive had two cans of Red Bull that make chirping sounds just like a baby bird.

Never has a can of soda of beer chirped only Red Bull.

Makes my wonder if thats were they got the idea for the commercial Red Bull gives you wings :)
I just had a chirping sound in my room. It sounded like a baby bird and it was pretty loud so I tracked the sound down to a can of Natural ice beer.... put it to my ear and sure enough that's where the sound was coming from so I poured it into a cup to see if there was a living creature inside of it but no there wasn't. Kinda weird.lol

I'm happy to be the 7th new user to stumble upon this thread. I came to it via google when searching for "my redbull can is chirping" (#1 search result!)

I'm discouraged by the fact that nobody has provided a scientific analysis yet, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter