• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What month is currently being sold?

Jamie

Mouseketeer
After three long years it looks like we will finally buy this summer. Can anyone tell me what year use is currently being sold at WLV and what would be after that. We plan to travel in the summers at this point and would like to get a spring or early summer year use. Thanks for your help.

It's definitely February. We just called on Wednesday to purchase 150 points at WLV. Our first DVC purchase!:bounce:

Since we will normally be visiting in January or September, we opted for a June use year to give us greater flexibility.

I did not realize they would let you choose other months. What were the other choices?

We weren't offered specific choices. They will offer the earliest available month (currently February 2001). When we took the tour on May 19, 2001, the earliest available was December 2000.

I asked our guide's advice on the advantages/disadvantages of the use month and stated that we would be doing most of our visits in Jan and Sep. He was glad I brought it up and allowed us to choose the June use month.

I guess you can choose any use month you'd like as long as its later than the earliest available (now Feb 2001). Since our next visit won't be until January 2002, there was no disadvantage to choosing June 2001.

When we purchased in August 2000 the use year being sold was March. We bought June instead. If you use Magical Beginnings, you must be sold a use year that is no more than six months in order to be able to "bank" the points to Disney. In addition, there are certain use months that do not exist (I don't remember the list of use months that don't exist but there are a few--I don't think there is a July use month for example). Beyond those restrictions, if the month is not sold out you can choose a different month as your use year. Just talk with your guide.

We have an August use year and never knew that you had a choice of use year. This is neat. Good luck getting the month that you want. However, have you checked into the resale market. They list the points available and the use years for these points. You might want to have your home resort at one of the other areas and save a little money in the process. Take Care, Tammy;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter