What Movie did you love, but

Great question!
For me it would have to be Poseidon Adventure. Loved it when I saw it as a kid. But apparently it did a number on me because I have an irrational fear of boats/ships and water! I can't breathe just thinking about it. I had a heck of a time going to visit my husband on his cutters when he was in the Coast Guard! And it gets worse with age!
My dd agrees with The Green Mile. But she said The Cowboys. She just has a very sensitive soul and has a hard time watching anything overly emotional. She won't watch any war movies, she won't watch/read Where the Red Fern Grows etc etc!

My daughter can’t watch The Cowboys again. “You just don’t kill John Wayne”, in her mind. It’s always been one of my favorites. Love Where The Red Fern Grows & it’s the first book I couldn’t put down (saw the movie first). But, tears will flow.

Oh, Shawshank is the opposite for me. I HAVE to watch if I see it’s on!

Ditto. I must have seen that show a 100 times.. love it every time..

I think the ability to rewatch a show over and over is linked to how much you love it. I don't know of any movies that i truly love that i can't watch over and over.. but looking at this thread, there are movies listed that i saw, liked but never saw again.. Passion of the Christ comes to mind. i saw that, liked it a lot.. but don't think i would sit and watch it again... In fact, most movies are that way for me. Only the movies i truly love (Shawshank) will i watch over and over again.

Sixth Sense - a friend I watched it with figured out the ending 1/2 way through and hated it. Now that I've seen the ending, doesn't seem to be much point of seeing it again.

Crying Game - for much the same reason.

Shawshank Redemption was my first thought. I like the movie and I do like to re-watch it, but I change channels when we get to where the transferred inmate who can clear Andy from his charges gets set up.

Then I thought of Patch Adams. Good movie, but I can't watch it again.

Seeing some of theses choices is interesting. My first choice is “Schindler’s List”. There are some movies that are excellent but just too difficult to watch again. Isaw it twice and that was enough. The older I get the more I can’t handle the serious films. People hurting each other is so much a daily occurrence I don’t want it to be part of my “entertainment” any more. When I was younger I loved super serious movies. But serious, emotional films are so important to the human race. I probably will not watch “Saving Private Ryan” again but am fascinated with the construction of “Brokeback Mountain” even though it was devastating. “The Mist” I understand people’s reaction and desire to never see it again. I thought it was awesome.

Ditto. I must have seen that show a 100 times.. love it every time..

I think the ability to rewatch a show over and over is linked to how much you love it. I don't know of any movies that i truly love that i can't watch over and over.. but looking at this thread, there are movies listed that i saw, liked but never saw again.. Passion of the Christ comes to mind. i saw that, liked it a lot.. but don't think i would sit and watch it again... In fact, most movies are that way for me. Only the movies i truly love (Shawshank) will i watch over and over again.

I don’t know. I truly loved Passion. Told everyone they had to go see it. Bought the DVD and never opened it. It was so emotional for me that I just couldn’t watch it again.

Ds talked his wife into watching Deep Water Horizon. She said it was a fantastic movie and would suggest it over and over. But she personally cannot watch it again. Not only was it emotional for her but gave her nightmares since ds works on a rig and he knows men that were on the one that exploded. (I refuse to watch the movie).

Sometimes, the a movie hits too close to home or is too emotional for someone to watch again.

I do agree with you on Shawshank. Love the movie and have watched it many times. It’s one of those that if it’s on, we watch.

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri

Such a good movie and the cast was great. I don't need to watch it again, though.

P.S. I Love You.

My Mom's Letter From Heaven

American Sniper &Thank You For Your Service--I could watch Thank You For Your Service again though it would need to be long periods of time in between and have seen parts here and there again but I can't say the same for American Sniper both for roughly the same reasons though slightly different stories being told.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter