What movies will be screened during our cruise?

TeachGeekLove

Mouseketeer
Hello! As we plan what we’ll be doing on our cruise, we’ve been looking at what movies will be released around the time of our cruise. We’ll be taking the 4-Night Castaway Cay double up (Disney Dream) on June 6. What movies do you think will be playing? Avengers Infinity War comes out April 27 and is sure to be huge, so probably that one. Likely Solo as well, since that comes out in May. What do you think for the third one? Would they release Incredibles 2 early for the cruise?

Hello! As we plan what we’ll be doing on our cruise, we’ve been looking at what movies will be released around the time of our cruise. We’ll be taking the 4-Night Castaway Cay double up (Disney Dream) on June 6. What movies do you think will be playing? Avengers Infinity War comes out April 27 and is sure to be huge, so probably that one. Likely Solo as well, since that comes out in May. What do you think for the third one? Would they release Incredibles 2 early for the cruise?

Disney won't release a movie more than a week early in order to show it on a cruise. To be honest, there's so many other activities vying for our time that we've never watched more than one movie per cruise, even on the 15-day cruises.

The movies onboard will no doubt be the most recent releases, but nothing not released yet. You'll have to look back to see what will be the next oldest release (before Infinity). Movies onboard run a lot longer than they do in a land-based theater.

Incredibles 2 is actually going to be released June 15, so a June 6-10 cruise doesn’t seem like much of a stretch. I’ve heard of people seeing movies on their cruises a night or two before release. =/

Incredibles 2 is actually going to be released June 15, so a June 6-10 cruise doesn’t seem like much of a stretch. I’ve heard of people seeing movies on their cruises a night or two before release. =/
DCL has run PremEARS at Sea the night before release rarely, on those movies that figured to be heavily attended. Often this happens if the midnight premiere would be on a night with a sea day following.

For the most part PremEARS at Sea are at 12:01 the day they open in land-based theaters in the US.

They will not show a new release 5 days early.

Interesting. It was released Feb 26, so it should have already been playing by a March embarkation date.

I was on March 4, Wonder Cruise. My Navigator for Thursday March 8, lists 10:45 as Movie PremEAR “A Wrinkle in Time.”
I understand the US release date was March 9.

Last edited:
I was on March 4, Wonder Cruise. My Navigator for Thursday March 8, lists 10:45 as Movie PremEAR “A Wrinkle in Time.”

IDK - when I looked it up it said Feb 26. Maybe that was the actual premier.

Edit: Ok. Yeah. The legit Hollywood premier was Feb 26. Release was March 9 - I saw it at 7pm on March 8 on land. :D

If it is not currently released at the time of travel they will not show it. You will see most of the movies that have been released within the last few months and in some cases up to six months or more. It depends on how many movies Disney has released closely before your trip. Have fun!

We saw Rogue One and Coco on their US release dates while on separate cruises. Kind of fun with the hullabaloo that DCL went through for the opening night festivities while at sea.

I was also on that cruise. The cruise director Nathalie mentioned before the show that evening that they had received a special authorization to show it that early. All the premieres we have had onboard except that one were the day of release at 12:01AM.

Here's what was confirmed for our April 28th sailing:

The Avengers Infinity War
A Wrinkle in Time
Black Panther
Last Jedi
Coco
Thor Ragnarok
Cars 3
Born in China
Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Men Tell No Tales

We've been onboard for 2 Marvel Universe releases and they premiered them onboard on Thursday nights just like on land.

We've been onboard for 2 Marvel Universe releases and they premiered them onboard on Thursday nights just like on land.

We were onboard for Ragnarok and Black Panther. Ragnarok was a Thursday showing. Black Panther was at midnight, so technically it was a Friday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter