What music defines Disney for you?

I love listening to the loop track music played at the entrance to Disneyland and Magic Kingdom; it can really take you back to being stood there and the happy memories that come with that!

Parade and show music too! Fantasmic, Main Street Electrical Parade, Wishes and now World of Colour!

Of course, all the classics from the earlier animation films. Alan Menken is a genius! Without a doubt the music from Pocahontas will always put a lump in my throat and tear in my eye, its beautiful.

The music Thomas Newman composed for Wall-E is very special to my partner and Newman's music for Saving Mr. Banks is also wonderful.

When studying, I go to YouTube, type in "Disney World Soundtrack," and listen to all the playlists that come up. It puts me in a really good mood even though I'm working. My favorite tracks are the queue music for the Jungle Cruise.

I also think that anything from the Ragtime genre, especially Scott Joplin, just automatically makes me think of Disney.

I love so much Disney music, but the songs that really make me feel the Disney Magic are ones from the golden age movies, especially "Some Day My Prince Will Come," "When you Wish Upon a Star," and "The Second Star to the Right"

Any themes from Main Street, soundtracks to Wishes or Reflections of Earth, and soundtracks to Disney animated films--especially from the nineties, but also beforehand.

"Little Town" from Beauty and the Beast plays in my head nearly every day while I'm at work lol.

This may sound especially nerdy but the Disney World info channel music is some of my favorite. You can find the entire 1 hour loop on youtube... not that I've watched it all the way through (i have) :)

"Little Town" from Beauty and the Beast plays in my head nearly every day while I'm at work lol.

This may sound especially nerdy but the Disney World info channel music is some of my favorite. You can find the entire 1 hour loop on youtube... not that I've watched it all the way through (i have) :)
The info channel music is the soundtrack for when I do housework!

The Fantasmic! theme. And when that stops playing in the background in my ADHD head--which it rarely does for long--How Do You Do? and the Tiki Room theme fight it out for second place.

For me it will probably always be the music of the Spectromagic Parade. Sure, there's nostalgia at play because I heard it when I was a kid but the happy, dramatic and romantic variations in the music really do highlight all facets of what makes up Disney "where the romance, the comedy and the thrill of Disney fantasies come to electric life".

I was listening to one of the Disneyland 60 podcasts the other day and there was an entire episode just on Disney music. Here is a link to the Podcast page http://www.disunplugged.com/2016/04/25/dis-unplugged-podcast-042416-disneyland-show/

Michael talked with "DisneyChris" for the entire episode. If you do a google search on his name, you can find his website.

Disneychris and his site, podcast and friends are great complements to DISunplugged/connecting with Walt, etc.

I love the original (1980's) Epcot Future World entry music loop, the Illuminations soundtrack, the Tomorrowland area music loop, and the Paint the Night parade soundtrack.

The talk of musicals in another thread got me thinking about Disney music - also that and caffeine are the only reasons I'm vertical at the moment.

So I wanted to ask - what Disney songs or soundtracks, parks or movies either one, define Disney for you and put you in your Disney happy place?

:charac2::rockband::music:

The BGM from Epcot, I meditate to it and it calms me down. I love the BGM from all the parks, but Epcot will always be me favorite.

Main entrance music from MK gets me in the "woohoo! I'm here! Let's have fun!" mood. Otherwise...I'm a 90s Renaissance guy, so any of those soundtracks will have me dancing and singing along. And any good villain song.

In terms of movies I think Beauty and the Beast definitely inspires that Disney feeling for me. It was my favorite Disney movie as a kid and remains it to this day. Really just captures the beauty of the golden age of their animated movies.

Parks...hmmm....I'm inclined to say Illuminations. My family usually stays in the Boardwalk area so most nights are spent walking around Epcot and watching Illuminations so that really has come to define my experience.

We always go in December so it's got to be Andy Williams and It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year. When I am getting excited I listen to it on youtube and it turns up the excitement levels to hysteria

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!