What music defines Disney for you?

I feel the music encompasses a lot of what makes Disney what it is. Quite the diversity of genres and moods. So there is so much that could define Disney for so many people.

I always felt the more traditional Broadway-style musical numbers in the movies are what define "Disney" for me.

I am totally guilty of listening to and singing along with Disney music during longer car rides. Mostly park music, and most of the time it's from the parades, it seems. I love hearing how the different themed units have their music blended in with the theme song of the parade - Soundsational, Festival of Fantasy, Boo-2-You and Paint the Night are great for that, and I love how Paint the Night used the Electrical Parade theme in parts but did so in a way that didn't sound so... tinny.

Wrong season for me to be in the mood for it, but the soundtrack to Haunted Mansion Holiday is one of my favorites too. I'm not a fan of how the Original Mansion gets turned into the overlay for way too long, but I adore how that soundtrack mixes the x-mas music, NBC Music, and Grim Grinning Ghosts.

So um... yeah. I like remixes, I guess.

Really any of the music from the movies that hit right in the prime of my childhood.

Little Mermaid
Lion King
Alladin
Beauty and the Beast

I have them all on vinyl after my last trip and couldn't be happier.

I listen to the entire Carousel of Progress audio quite often (both from The Musical History of Disneyland and Walt Disney and the 1964 World's Fair). It hits on so many of the Disney themes for me: family, respecting the past, looking toward the future, a catch tune and hope about the future.

I listen to the entire Carousel of Progress audio quite often (both from The Musical History of Disneyland and Walt Disney and the 1964 World's Fair). It hits on so many of the Disney themes for me: family, respecting the past, looking toward the future, a catch tune and hope about the future.

If I'm ever having a bad day I head to YouTube and watch the ride through video of CoP. It was my dad's favorite ride and always makes me feel better.

Wishes was my favorite show at Disney (I haven't been back to WDW since the end of my CP program last January, so I'm really heartbroken that I may never get to see it again), so I listen to that soundtrack often! That probably feels the most synonymous with Disney (and with the parks especially) for me personally. Along with the Festival of Fantasy and Paint the Night soundtracks, and Main Street and Epcot park loops. Love MSEP as well, but it isn't exactly the kind of music you can listen and relax to. In general, though, I have a Disney Spotify playlist that's a mix of songs from classic, renaissance and recent animated movies (with some Mary Poppins thrown in for good measure).

I don't anything does for me like "Under the Sea" of the Mermaid....like the original Little Mermaid...year was 98 I believe if I'm not wrong.

My first disney song i fell in love was "Part of your world". Little Mermaid german version sung by musical actress Ute Lemper.

I am all about Epcot and there is about a 47 minute long Epcot entrance music loop on youtube I absolutely love.

There is also a spaceship earth soundtrack that is about ten minutes long.

I'll listen to it when doing school work on Sunday afternoons.

Animal Kingdom Theme Park Music. I love:teeth: D-Constructed the techno/EDM CD, but then I also like Angerfist, sooooo :worship:

I have thought and thought about my response to the title of this thread. Today in MK, the answer hit me. The music that defines Disney for me--Its a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow.

There are so many songs I could list, but as soon as I read the title of this thread, I could hear Jiminy Cricket singing "When You Wish Upon a Star".

Although it's not a Disney tune, this one reminds me of Disney as we go in December every year - It's the most wonderful time of the year by Andy Williams. When I hear it I'm transported to Main Street:santa:

I am all about Epcot and there is about a 47 minute long Epcot entrance music loop on youtube I absolutely love.

What a coincidence! I just happened to open this thread and started listening to that very loop. (This one, right?) Epcot is my favorite park and the park music (plus Illuminations) gets caught in my head sometimes.

Besides that, any Alan Menken song from the "renaissance" era does it for me. Espcially Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin.

What a coincidence! I just happened to open this thread and started listening to that very loop. (This one, right?) Epcot is my favorite park and the park music (plus Illuminations) gets caught in my head sometimes.

Besides that, any Alan Menken song from the "renaissance" era does it for me. Espcially Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin.

Exact one!!! Love it!!

Okay, so don't judge me because I'm going to 100% date myself here... But it's actually Gloria Estefan. I watched the TV special Disney had for the 25th anniversary of WDW when I was a kid, and Gloria did some performances; I remember specifically her singing "Remember the Magic", and it just still brings a tear to my eyes (metaphorically, at least.) She also did something of a mash-up or mix of other songs, and ever since then, I just correlate the two in my mind.

I enjoy the Sherman brothers' work and that will probably always say Disney to me. They were very nice and approachable when I spent time with them.

My personal Disney soundtrack will always be ride music. Nothing makes a day go faster for me. One day I accidentally hit repeat on my iPad and listened to the Fantasyland Suite for about 4 hours at work. I didn't even notice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!