What news source do you trust the most?

Sadly most sources have a bias of one kind or another. And more than that, it is hard to find sources that give both sides of a situation so you can decide for yourself.

I live overseas so I get my news mainly online and German TV.. But watch CNN and CNBC ( financial channel).. Every network tends to lean in some direction or another. Fox for me is , well no comment. just an interesting observation as their headlines are sometimes so off topic of what "news" is to distract on some current issues.

At the moment CNBC is my main channel with Squack box...

My own eyes
Yup.......
IMO.
Anyone who believes any news outlet completely is either a fool or brain damaged.
They all slant their reporting toward achieving their corporate agenda and have zero regard for the intelligence of the American People.
I stopped watching National news over a year ago and only turn on local news to get the weather report.
Local news hasn't figured out how to spin the weather into their political agenda.
Yet........

I used to answer this question with "my local news" but now more and more local stations are being bought up by conglomerats (sp?) and are starting to show the same bias as the cable networks.

So for right now I'm saying my local newspaper because they still print articles that show both sides of the issue. Wish I could find a tv station that still did that reliably.

Yup.......
IMO.
Anyone who believes any news outlet completely is either a fool or brain damaged.
They all slant their reporting toward achieving their corporate agenda and have zero regard for the intelligence of the American People.
I stopped watching National news over a year ago and only turn on local news to get the weather report.
Local news hasn't figured out how to spin the weather into their political agenda.
Yet........

Ha! I live in FL and so last year we had 7 straight days of Hurricane Irma is on the way coverage. The local stations, were calm and normal, with facts on things like supplies and evacuating. Turning on the national news at that time you would have thought the world was ending - they played it up so dramatically and were just ridiculous.

So yeah I still will watch local for the weather at least.

My own eyes

Sadly your own eyes aren't enough. Can you see into Syria, or into the poisoning in the UK? Like it or not, news sources feed you what is happening. Sadly, most put slants on the reporting. Even the Financial Times is guilty of this, and that's as dry as you can get! What I'm pushing for is who, in the myriad of slants, agrees with your stomach the most?

YouTube!!! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

No news agency now is unbiased. I see both, shake & cut them in the middle. Or I ignore the news and live my life.

Sadly your own eyes aren't enough. Can you see into Syria, or into the poisoning in the UK? Like it or not, news sources feed you what is happening. Sadly, most put slants on the reporting. Even the Financial Times is guilty of this, and that's as dry as you can get! What I'm pushing for is who, in the myriad of slants, agrees with your stomach the most?

You asked what sources I trusted.

After reading a certain book I've decided not to trust any news sources.
None of them are without bias, but it is more than that.
I think journalistic integrity is gone. I don't think media actually wants to do a thorough investigation on news stories to get all the facts. I think they want to get stories out fast regardless of the truth. I also think that society wants sensationalism over factualism and I think the BIG news outlets cater to that.

You asked what sources I trusted.

I asked "What news source do you trust the most?". You don't have to blindly follow any source - just subscribe somewhere just to be kept up to speed on daily events. You could, arguably, avoid all news and never hear of this or that, but I'd wager that 99% of all people here have a news source they prefer to hear from.

Global News, our local newspaper. CBC.

In the USA I find Fox new incredibly biased. And for a supposedly Christian outlet they have they most horrendous people commenting on their stories. I glanced at the ones about the Humboldt bus crash and was shocked at the vile comments allowed. That right there tells me exactly what Fox stands for if they allow that kind of garbage. But thankfully not my circus not my monkeys as I'm not American.

After reading a certain book I've decided not to trust any news sources.
None of them are without bias, but it is more than that.
I think journalistic integrity is gone. I don't think media actually wants to do a thorough investigation on news stories to get all the facts. I think they want to get stories out fast regardless of the truth. I also think that society wants sensationalism over factualism and I think the BIG news outlets cater to that.

I agree with this to a point. I would strongly argue that there are many journalists out there who still have integrity and want nothing more than to thoroughly investigate issues and report facts. However, I think most journalists wnd up working for organizations that aren't allowing that to happen very much anymore. When the guy paying your salary tells you to do something it gets a lot harder.

Totally agree that what the big news outlets want is sensaltionism and views, that's all they seem to care about is ratings.

I agree with this to a point. I would strongly argue that there are many journalists out there who still have integrity and want nothing more than to thoroughly investigate issues and report facts. However, I think most journalists wnd up working for organizations that aren't allowing that to happen very much anymore. When the guy paying your salary tells you to do something it gets a lot harder.

Totally agree that what the big news outlets want is sensaltionism and views, that's all they seem to care about is ratings.

I meant in more general terms, journalism industry as a whole, and I agree that is about the organizations and not necessarily about the individual reporters. They are doing the jobs they were hired for, I just don't think they are hired to really investigate news, to get both sides of stories, to really dig in deep, they are hired to report what will gets ratings, readers, clicks, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter