What "old person" things do you do?

Balance my checkbook / reconcile bank statement to the penny each month.

I don't write too many checks anymore, only those that charge me a fee to use a cc.... like my electric and gas companies. I know I can pay online through my bank, but I just prefer to write a check. So yeah, that right there is also an "old person" thing. :D

I still like to write a hand written thank you, cards to my DD at college, a birthday wish to a friend, etc.
I know that I enjoy getting mail...that isn't a bill, lol!

Online correspondence seems impersonal to me and requires virtually zero effort.

Talk about how most of the music now days is terrible and doesn't compare with the music of my generation (60's and 70's)

This, only I'm a child of the 80s so that's mostly what I listen to (I love the 60s and 70s as well, though). My 4-year-old loves my music...the other morning, on the way to preschool, we were singing along to Bohemian Rhapsody together :)

I also make coffee at home. No daily stop at Starbucks for a fancy overpriced drink for me! (And on the occasions I do stop at Dunkin, they give me a senior discount without my asking. I'm only 45.)

And get this...I STILL IRON CLOTHING! ;)

If home, I use my landline. I buy hard candy, currently coffee flavored. I also have butterscotch 😂. I’m planning on buying another minivan, my youngest are almost 17. I’ve never used Siri.

In the last week I've probably written 5 checks. Although 3 were from our Cub Scout pack account for registration expenses to Council.

I read the legal notices in the paper. I remember my father doing that.

I would say that actually reading a printed newspaper makes you (and me) old. I don’t read legal notices, but always check the obituaries. :worried:

I also still have a landline, still pay some bills by check, and still send Christmas and birthday greeting cards to family and friends. Also, sometimes use paper maps on a road trip.

I read the legal notices in the paper. I remember my father doing that.

And stuffing tissues in my purse. Definitely a mom thing.
I’ve turned into my grandma with the tissues. They’re in my center console, in my purse (and any bag I might carry) and in every pocket of every jacket/hoody/sweater I own.

Make noises when I get up or sit down.

“Hurt” myself in my sleep. A couple weeks ago I got out of bed and couldn’t put any weight on my foot without pain shooting up my ankle. The next day it was like it never happened.

Say things like, “Back when we were kids...”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter