What "old person" things do you do?

Eventually, yes. It took about three hours of swearing and pulling my hair out.

It was something simple that I kept overlooking and should have caught within the first 15 seconds.

It usually is. I work with numbers all day long and sometimes you just have to walk away and come back to it. Then when you go back to it BINGO, there it is.

Go to bed early, get up early, listen to CDs and the radio (no satellite music service), a rare "night out" is going to a friends and home by 9, no streaming tv service (yet, I really want one just can't decide which one), write my lists/reminders on sticky notes, my cell is used for when I'm away from home & some texting & it doesn't have wifi or data?? I don't know what its called but I have to use someones wifi to get on internet, still have a landline, barely have any apps on my phone & the ones I do have I don't use, no more high heels since I injured my foot last year wearing my high Sorel wedges....now it's only comfort shoes.

I go to bed very early, I knit/crochet, still use paper to write notes on, have cable/sat service, if I go out to eat hit the 'Early Bird Specials', listen to classical music, read an actual paper newspaper, read print magazines, I don't drive after dark.

I'm sure there's other things I am forgetting (oh yeah, forgetting things 🤔:laughing:)

Every time we're in the car and we pass an accident or a fire truck I will reach up and place my hand by the base of my throat (I do this involuntarily and it really does look I'm clutching my pearls) and say "Oh, I hope everyone's alright." And then my husband will pat my knee and say "I'm sure they will be grandma..." I'm a 48 year old man.

I listen to music from way before I was born. I love the Standards. I also love old movies especially old movie musicals.

Likewise.
Huge Mills Brothers, Ella F. and Louis Jordan fan among others. But I am beginning to think that is even older than old people these days. Like many older films and actors/actresses as well.

Everything! Listen to CD's (downloaded music on my phone for the 1st time yesterday), balance statements monthly, have never mobile ordered food, watch news and political tv, still use a landline and prefer it over a cell phone, can go days without using a cell phone, use an actual GPS and then also look at a map, don't wear white after labor day, send out Christmas cards, have never gotten a drink at Starbucks, have great work ethic, go to the library, still use the term pocketbook, wear pantyhose for a dress function, want another minivan and I have NO kids any longer, the list is endless...

Last edited:
I used to enjoy "mallwalking" with my mom and her friends, and following up with sitting around drinking coffee and talking at a fast food place a few mornings a week. I would do that every summer when I had the time off to do that. I truly miss that more than anybody could imagine. I still continue the "old person" habit of walking for exercise, but it is just not the same anymore.

I call places by the name of the place that was in that location when I was as a kid so that nobody knows what I’m talking about.

Real life example from this weekend: “I saw that Moore’s is for sale.”

Moore’s was a general store that closed 30 years ago. Several businesses took over the location since including a seafood store, which is what is now for sale.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter