What phrases drive you crazy?

"I've earned these lines/wrinkles". Like some people earn their wrinkles and others get them undeservedly.

Last edited:
You're in my prayers.

I know it's meant with the best intentions but all I hear is "I'm basically going to do the least inconvenient thing I can do to help you".

It's not always with the best intentions, but mainly when someone phrases it more as "I'll pray for you." I agree, as it seems that person is just handing over the burden to someone else.

Using "disrespect" as a verb.

Or adding "but" behind "I take responsibility".

Disrespect is a verb in most dictionaries now. Sometimes it is listed as informal usage, but it's in there.

I want to slap people who say "Her and her mother went..."

I despise when people use "and" instead of "to" in a sentence that calls for "to." For example, I'm going to try and find my keys. What are you going to try?! Just say, "I'm going to try to find my keys."

"For all intensive purposes..." It should be "for all intents and purposes..."

"Should of/ could of/ would of..." It's "have," people.

"Supposably," which isn't even a word.

"I left it go/ I left it be" instead of "I let it go/ I left it alone."

I hate it when a couple says "We're pregnant." Nope, you can say "We're having a baby," but only one of you is pregnant.

I HATE HATE HATE "WE'RE pregnant"--- listen when you can pass a baby out of your body then WE can be pregnant, otherwise only one person in that WE is pregnant!

....bae - Babe Above Everyone

Never ever heard that one before- typically it's-Bae," Urban Dictionary says, is an acronym that stands for "before anyone else"

I also hate the term Fur Babies--- they are PETS- dogs, cats, bunnies etc...

kiddos or littles
bae
fam
woke
potato ( meaning someone is no good)
a father babysitting his own children

oh thought of more
cray cray
kid food...exactly what is kid food except for what your child is used to being fed. most children will eat the exact same foods as adults if it's introduced to them from the beginning.
I'm sure there are others as well lol

Last edited:
"She lives in Long Island." No, she lives on Long Island.

The word sale/saleing instead of sell/selling. Ex: "I'm going to sale these." instead of "I'm going to sell these."

When the word "anymore" is used in the positive instead of something like "nowadays" or "these days". Ex: "It seems I always wear these shoes anymore."

Wait staff saying " are we ready to order?" Or " how Are we doing this evening?"

I always THINK ( but don't say) " well WE are ready to order. Are YOU eating with us?"

It disappoints me when someone says "I can't even".
"Literally" has also got kind of ruined for me since it always reminds me of those people who use it on videos where they complain about everything.
And as many others have mentioned as well, "bae" really isn't my favorite word either.

"Leaves a bad taste in my mouth". Unless you have eaten something gross, the phrase makes my stomach turn!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter