What phrases drive you crazy?

Baby-Daddy is my pet peeve

Sometimes just to make my teenagers cringe I ask them if the dog is looking "totes adorbs or ratchet?" Or I tell them that their hair/make up is "on point" or "on fleek"

They love it when I use outdated teen-speak, lol

I agree with my bad. I always want to ask " Your bad what? Your bad choices? Your bad hair day?" It's not an apology because an apology includes the words "I'm sorry".

Welp (usually in an online post). As in "Welp, I made a reservation today." The word they're looking for is well.

How are we doing? Often asked by a server.

My bad....sounds so babyish

baby mama......to me this sounds as if you are talking about a baby who is a mother :sad2:

put your hands together for....if you put your hands together you are not clapping. You would have to say put your hands together, then move them apart, then put them together again in order to ask the audience to clap.

Headlines which read

[Celebrity did something] and the internet went wild/lost its mind
It's worse if the celebrity "broke the internet"

The one that bothers me now is "lit." I also used to hate "tight" (well, I still hate it, but no one says it anymore).

No, dear, your 9th birthday party was not "lit."

Another one that used to really get me was "proverbial." "Pushing the proverbial envelope"

If the target audience is too uneducated to understand that you aren't literally pushing an envelope, then adding "proverbial" is not going to help.

One that has become popular at the office is "out of pocket" to mean "unavailable." For instance, "I'll be out of pocket after noon tomorrow, so I'll need you to handle the weekly conference call with the client."

I know what they mean, but I can't figure out how the phrase "out of pocket" conveys that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter