What product would you seriously stockpile

#7 Blue King Size. They used to be know as #7 Lights but the words "light or mild" are no longer allowed on Canadian cigarette packaging. They cost the princely sum of $17.60 per pack, thanks to almost $10 in sin-tax. When I took on this filthy habit in the late 80's they cost $2.

Ouch!!! I think most standard cigarettes in Delaware are in the $7.50 range. There are cheaper "generics." I've heard in NYC they cost about $13. When I quit in the late 80's they were about $1.25.

A handful of my company's stores in the south Jersey Shore area used to stock a few Canadian brands in summer for the Quebec vacationers.

I regret not stockpiling my favorite floss and toothbrushes, but they are already gone so if we are talking about a current product I'd have to say Viva paper towels. Not the new style with the ridges, the original cloth-like ones. I don't know how to live my life without them.

Ouch!!! I think most standard cigarettes in Delaware are in the $7.50 range. There are cheaper "generics." I've heard in NYC they cost about $13. When I quit in the late 80's they were about $1.25.

A handful of my company's stores in the south Jersey Shore area used to stock a few Canadian brands in summer for the Quebec vacationers.
Yeah and they probably only carried Players and duMaurier like you mentioned. We have to mini-stockpile smokes when we travel because I'm a fussy smoker and wouldn't dream of smoking American cigarettes. I don't know what's different about them but they are very different - do ours smell as bad to you as yours smell to us? :crazy2:

As to the ridiculous price, well, as I mentioned, most of it is tax. There's quite a little racket going with black market smokes being sold off Native Reserves because they are exempt.

For DH, coffee (good Kona coffee).

we DID stockpile some good kona recently (as in about 2 dozen bags :faint: ). one of local costcos was carrying 100% kona beans that were not only spectacular but sold for less than 50% less per pound bag than any place we could find (including on-line). we learned they were discontinuing it so we paid out the wazoo and are now allowing ourselves one bag per month (thank goodness for the good vacuum sealed bags they were sold in).

for me (non consumable)-

blistex and abreva. arm and hammer unscented dry laundry detergent (only stuff that doesn't have a smell that gives me/ds a migraine or cause the clothing run in it to make us itch).

Current items stockpiled are jugs of bottled water (hurricane prep) and they also come in handy for the Keurig), coffee (husband has to have a particular brand of coffee and chicory, and I drink pure), and my Keen sandals. I tried other sandals when they discontinued my Teva favorites, but only the Keen Whispers work for me if I have to walk far or be on my feet most of the day. The good thing is that they come in a ton of colors. I hope I have jinxed myself and Keen stops carrying that style. I tried two other Keens and only the Whispers will do.

I am a stockpiler, I admit it. If I find something that my husband or I love, and use regularly, I buy a good supply of it. I had to learn the hard way when so many items that we loved were discontinued and no longer able to be purchased, I still hear about my husband's favorite running shoes that he hasn't been able to purchase for YEARS.

My largest stockpile is definitely sunglasses, there is a pair I love from Target, I discovered them a couple years ago and purchased enough to last me a long time. I just recently purchased a couple pairs of Clarks sandals because my current ones are beginning to go and I love them.

I also have water stockpiled somewhere for earthquake prep, but some things got reorganized and now I am not exactly sure where they are- definitely an emergency stockpile failure on my part!

Max Factor liquid foundation in Tawny Tan. It's been off the market for over 2 decades and I'm still grieving the loss.
True Reynold's heavy duty aluminum foil that I don't have to double and triple to get the mill I used to be able to find with ease.

I'm sure it is still available elsewhere or online, but about six months ago a local supermarket had a Discontinued shelf label under a certain brand of dishwasher rinse aid that I like. There were 7 or 8 bottles at half price and I bought all of them.

Four one day and the other 3 or 4 the next day. They usually have a limit of 4 on sale items and I didn't want to risk being scolded if I tried to buy all at the same time.

I'm sure it is still available elsewhere or online, but about six months ago a local supermarket had a Discontinued shelf label under a certain brand of dishwasher rinse aid that I like. There were 7 or 8 bottles at half price and I bought all of them.
:crazy: I am so weird about things like this; I need help really. I'd do exactly what you did but knowing I could never get more, I simply wouldn't ever be able to bring myself to use the last bottle. I've got a few old relics like that around here. :o I'm one of those people you'd find dead of thirst in the desert, still clutching a bottle of water in my desiccated, skeletal fist.

Current items stockpiled are jugs of bottled water (hurricane prep) and they also come in handy for the Keurig), coffee (husband has to have a particular brand of coffee and chicory, and I drink pure), and my Keen sandals. I tried other sandals when they discontinued my Teva favorites, but only the Keen Whispers work for me if I have to walk far or be on my feet most of the day. The good thing is that they come in a ton of colors. I hope I have jinxed myself and Keen stops carrying that style. I tried two other Keens and only the Whispers will do.

What brand of chicory coffee does your husband drink? I drink Cafe du Monde chicory coffee. I got hooked on it during my many trips to New Orleans. I buy it at Meijer.

What brand of chicory coffee does your husband drink? I drink Cafe du Monde chicory coffee. I got hooked on it during my many trips to New Orleans. I buy it at Meijer.

Ditto. We used to buy it straight from Cafe du Monde before they carried it in the stores. If you bought 2 cases, 24 cans the shipping was free.

As my husband puts it, he was raised on Union coffee and chicory. We have to pick it up when we are in New Orleans. He buys 10 or more bags at a time.

Corbett Canyon Chardonnay in the box.My favorite sour candies.

omg-i remember the constant corbett canyon radio ads when we lived in california-'echos coming from the canyon, canyon, canyon, corbett canyon, canyon, canyon, corbett canyon, canyon, canyon...' :scared: i think the marketing campaign was to run it so often it drove people to drink:rolleyes:

That’s one that works for me and I do stock pile now. Can’t get it in Canada that I can find so when I’m home I bring some back if I’m running low.
I was most definitely not a happy camper when it was taken off the market for several years due to some kind of contamination. I resorted to generics with the same ingredients but it didn't work for me. Yes, some say it's a mental thing but others (which I whole heatedly believe) feel not all generics are alike and you don't react the same way to even the filler with those ingredients.

I learned my lesson and now stock up with multiple bottles of the Costco 325 size.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter