What really is the best cruise?

We have always noticed a big difference. Especially if you are "late" getting off of the ship. For instance, I always run the Castaway Cay 5k, then go back to the boat to change, then go back out to the island. By the time I get back out there, it is often 10:30-11:00. On the Dream or Fantasy, good luck getting a decent area on the beach. However, we find that there are always plenty of spots when we have been there on the Magic. YMMV...
We tend to exit the ship after lunch, around noon (way after everyone else- we enjoy the empty ship). And have had no issues on CC.

I really enjoyed our Marvel cruise in October on the Magic....They had a stage show, a USO type show in Promenade Lounge, cool Marvel backdrops, random Marvel character interactions, Marvel character banners all around the ship, they played Marvel movie soundtracks in the halls, etc. We also received the Marvel logo runner on the bed. I really enjoyed it.

MJ

I agree. our Marvel cruise last fall is definitely on my top five list. The stage show that they do with all the Marvel characters is truly amazing.

Well I've had several great cruises and they are all special to me;
  1. Maiden Voyage on the Disney Fantasy. It was a bit pricey and I had second thoughts about the cost but with all the perks, special celebrity guests and executive cast members it was worth it.
  2. Pixar Cruise on the Disney Wonder. They where only three of these cruises and I it was fun and different with characters, shows and presentations all centered around Pixar.
  3. Westbound Transatlantic Cruise on the Disney Magic. I've done this cruise twice and really enjoy those long cruises. One of my WBTA cruises they even had Lea Salonga sing a few songs in the Walt Disney Theatre which was a special treat.

Last edited:
We really enjoyed the Panama Canal cruise from L.A. in 2005. We also enjoy the Transatlantic because we like all the sea days to relax and do activities. Both of those itineraries are usually some of the cheapest. They also did a great 10-day on the Wonder to the Southern Caribbean. I'd love to sail on them just once out of NYC, but the prices for the 5-night are prohibitive.

Best is subjective... personally my favorite would have to be the Southern Caribbean (we've done three of those now!) followed by Alaska. It isn't warm, but it sure is pretty. I plan on doing a third one of those sometime to see Glacier Bay. ;)

For context we've done:
3-night Bahamian
4-night Bahamian
7-night Eastern Caribbean
7-night Alaskan (1x DCL, 1x RCCL)
7-night Southern Caribbean (2x DCL, 1X RCCL)
7-night Mexican Riviera
5-night Baja
7-night Norwegian Fjords

Well I've had several great cruises and they all special to me;
  1. Maiden Voyage on the Disney Fantasy. It was a bit pricey and I had second thoughts about the cost but with all the perks, special celebrity guests and executive cast members it was worth it.
ooh, now you're making me think I need to start saving for a family trip on a future Maiden Voyage... I have a couple of years to save up! :yay:

Our first Disney Cruise was a 4 day. Imho it's not long enough. Since then we've done 5 day cruises and one 7 day. Seven day cruises are too long for me because I can't stand to leave my pets for that long, usually by day 5 or 6 were ready to go home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter