what resort for mommy weekend away

margot31

DIS Veteran
So I need to reschedule my mommy weekend away.

I can stay at coronado like I have planned for what looks like the same price just different weekend. Or go another weekend and stay at Pop which would save about $30. Now if I do Pop that would be mean I would be at Pop basically back to back as I will be going to Star Wars Marathon weekend and staying at pop for that weekend.

I have stayed at coronado before but not pop. Choices choices. 30 isn't a deal breaker for me but 30 for another beer sure why not? I'll probably also be training for my 5k while I am down for that weekend so I need to make sure I have a good solid place to try and make 1 run out of the trip.

Pop to me doesn't have the same appeal for a moms weekend off...I only plan on staying there if I'm looking for a bed and a shower.

Part of that is the problem I am having. At this point I'll arrive on the later side of Friday evening (due to having to wait till hubby gets home from work) and leave sunday.

I am a big Pop fan but for basically the same price and for an adults only trip I would choose CSR.

My favorite girls trip resort is POFQ. My cousin and I ended up doing POP in February 2018, and it was fine, but we were ready to move by the middle of the week. We realized that it just did not fit us for a girls weekend. We both would stay at POP again, but not for a weeklong trip where we want to relax at the resort for part of the trip.

I have not stayed at Coronado Springs in 17 years, but I think I would enjoy trying it again for a solo or girls trip. If it was me, I would go with CSR over Pop.

Part of that is the problem I am having. At this point I'll arrive on the later side of Friday evening (due to having to wait till hubby gets home from work) and leave sunday.

I'd still pay the upgrade on coronado.

Me and 2 girlfriends stayed at Pop for a 4 night mommy getaway in May and I wouldn't hesitate to do so again, especially if it was a solo trip. I'm not a runner but the running path goes all the way around Hourglass Lake so you'd have decent scenery to look at between Pop and AOA. Also having the option to put up the murphy bed when you'll only need one bed is a big draw.

That being said, I've not stayed at CSR so I can only give my opinions on Pop but having access to the hot tub would be the one thing to sway me.

Coronado! The refurb is so nice. Pop is too noisy and has too many large groups of under-supervised preteens and teens IME

I love Coronado! Lots of the perks of a deluxe (like the spa... maybe consider taking advantage of that if this is a pampering weekend?) without the price tag. Pop is great! But not conductive for relaxing.

My best friend and I stay at AKL when we go for girls weekend. The restaurants and lounges are fun. If I was you I’d pick Coronado. They have nice restaurants, lounges and pool bar to grab an adult beverage. It’s a convention hotel so geared toward adults more than Pop. I stayed there for honeymoon and loved the adult feel. Stayed with my family and had a ball at the pool, food court and arcade. It’s a great hotel and worth the $30. Have fun

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter