What Resorts Do You Refuse to Stay At?

We don’t have be any intentions of staying at the value resorts, CAand I really did not like CBR at all so it would have to be for an extraordinary for me to go back.

We’re DVC members so we mostly stay at those resorts but of the DVC properties we are least likely to stay at Saratoga Springs it a studio at BLT.

Edit to add: We're not staying at the campgrounds either.

Last edited:
All star sports, campgrounds, and any of the moderate resorts. I've never stayed at any of the moderate resorts and enjoyed it - always have had bad experiences.

No Values here, either. My one Value stay, at ASMu, was a nightmare. The walls were paper-thin, and I slept about 2 hours a night, max, because of the noise from next door and in front of the door, which was at the end of a busy corridor. When people say they just need a place to sleep, I wonder how they're able to do it at a Value . . . unless I just had a particularly noisy room. But I wouldn't chance it again. I was going to ask to be moved, but the line to speak to someone at the front desk was so long, I just gave up.

I wouldn't stay at the Swan again (and so not at the Dolphin either). It was like being at a convention hotel in Nowheresville, USA.

I thought I'd never stay at SSR--I mean, why would i?--but ended up staying there a couple of years ago when my fave, WL, was in the midst of the big construction. And we loved SSR. Very nice room. Quiet. Lake view. Good QS. Lots of grounds to walk around (we like that--many don't). Proximity to DS by walking or boat. It's actually great there.

I'd prefer not to stay at a Mod, because I enjoy the balconies at the Deluxes, but I wouldn't refuse to stay at one.

The only resort I’d prob refuse to stay in is AS Sports, mainly because the theme doesn’t appeal to me. I haven’t stayed at CR, CSR or BWI for the same reason, but would be willing to give them a try. Well, maybe not CSR or CBR anymore because of building high rises on resort property now.

I wouldn't say outright refuse, but at the very bottom of my list is CBR. I actually liked the landscaping and theme a lot but it was the first and only time at Disney I was eaten alive by mosquitoes! Made for a very painful stay, even with remedies for the bites. If it was my last option (besides campgrounds) I am sure I'd make do but I probably won't willingly choose it for myself again.

I also probably would list the campgrounds there as well as I am just not a camper person, though I think it is a really neat option for those who enjoy camping!

I would only refuse the campgrounds. I don't own a camper or a tent, so it would be just me in a lawn chair at a campsite. Not very comfortable. If I owned an RV, things might be different.
I have no desire to go to a value again. Once was enough. All the things people have been saying--cramped, crowded (esp. the food courts), and long lines at the bus.
My least favorite deluxe was the YC. Just didn't feel like it had any theme, and I was paying Disney prices for "plain old hotel." However, I wouldn't refuse to stay there.

We have stayed at Deluxe, Moderate, and just this past weekend a Value. I wouldn't say we would ever refuse to stay at a Value resort, but it is at the very bottom of our list.

I have been lucky enough that my grandmother has DVC so we tend to always stay there. However, I feel that a resort is more than a place to sleep. We are not park commando types and enjoy relaxing. A nice pool, TS restaurant, and short bus rides are very important to our vacation so we would most likely always stay deluxe. I would stay at Swan and Dolphin as the theming does not bother me. I would rather not go on vacation than stay somewhere that I didn't like. I work hard for those weeks off so want to enjoy them.

Honestly I would stay at any of them depending on the circumstances... that said, our rooms at ASSp and POP were both really dirty inside and we were not impressed when the staff at Coronado didn't clean up a bunch of ash left outside our room by our neighbor's cigar habit for multiple days either. On our last trip we stayed at beach club and found the rooms really bland (I liked everything else) so I'm not sure when we will be back there either since there are other options there. :)

I know I probably sound insufferably picky from that but we really would stay at them again in the end - there are just so many choices why bother to go back?

I wouldn't refuse to stay at any resort on property, however my bottom choices would be CBR (just didn't like it), Tent site at FW (I love the Fort in my camper, though), and AS Sports (no interest).

Out of curiosity, why wouldn't you stay at Swan or Dolphin? I've been considering taking the dive lately.

It seems most of the criticism of Swan / Dolphin is that they aren't fully "Disney". Personally, I love both of them - especially since you get a great location and a great hotel for 1/2 or more of the rest of the Epcot resorts. Those are our go-to hotels when we its just us adults down for Food & Wine. You can score great deals with AAA, Starwood Points or some of the aggregator sites like hotels.com.

As for me, I'd say it's unlikely I ever stay at anything less than a deluxe again. I like a comfortable room and, frankly, most trips we just rent a house offsite. I don't mind a 10 minute drive, I like the extra 8 or 9 rooms, and I like saving the $2000-3000.

The ones that allow dogs.

Really even without the dogs, not sure I'd go back to POR. It's so sprawled out and the last time we were there had multiple issues with Mousekeeping. The All-Stars. I *might* be tempted to spend 1 night at an All-Star if I needed to, but that's it.

Grand Floridian. It was a dream of mine to stay there. Finally did to mark it off the bucket list and was really, really underwhelmed. The walls are SO thin - I could hear our neighbors planning their day each morning. They were from Australia and had 2 little girls. Mind you, we never met, that's literally because we heard them as well as if they were in our room each day. We had issues with the plumbing that were never really fixed. Concierge was too star struck by some actor from Lost who was staying there to give the rest of us the time of day. Overall miserable experience for the most expensive resort on property.

Did you stay in the main building?

We have stayed: shades of green, grand Floridian, poly, contemporary, wilderness, beach club, board walk, animal kingdom, port orleans riverside and French quarters, Coronado springs, Caribbean beach, and art of animation. We have also stayed at boulder ridge villas, poly villas, board walk in villas, Kiadani and jumbo house, bay lake towers.

We will stay yacht club in Jan, and we will eventually need to stay Saratoga springs or old key west, family keeps growing.

We will probably never try art of animation again, we tried the suites did not like them, cheap to us and uncomfortable beds, to us. We can't fit all of us in a room anymore so we won't try again, but I would if had to for a day or two but never a full vacation. We usually go for 15 or more days.

For disability reasons we have always said we would never go back to beach club, it was the worst, and for that reason we put of yacht club until now but we will try it for 4 days. Being blind the beach club is the only Disney resort that has a policy that they throw laundry into the hallways onto the floors as they clean rooms, and being blind it is to hard for me to see the laundry and walk around it plus I think it is a disgusting habit, and I feel the board of health should go in there and tell them.

For disability reasons we try to stay away from POR, we almost tried it again after 10 years, but changed to the yacht club, the mansions are just not accessible to blind, although we were going to try the bayou.

Without disability reasons, I would say we probably will not ever try the grand again, just to much hype and I did nothing t like it, very unfriendly, down right rude, very up accommodating, and for the price there are so many better choices.

And for those who can but have never tried it, SOG is one of our favorite resorts, wish every one could try it.

I probably will never try swan or dolphin, just have no interest.

I thought I would never stay at the GF- price and stuffiness. Now that I am going for a work conference, my whole attitude has changed. Amazing what a free hotel stay with a per diem will do to change your mind about how exited you are for a hotel!

I sleep with a white noise machine, so hopefully I will not have a problem like the PP did with the noise levels in the room. I am staying at a garden view room, so no worries about CL stars.

AS Music. After my first (and only)stay there, I said I'd rather sleep on a park bench than go back there. Mostly, as already said, it was the layout-like a bowling alley. And I had to walk by the pool bar and its many foul-mouthed patrons when I went to and from the bus. It was disappointing, since DS was a music major, I'd thought I'd love it.A few years later I tried AS Sports, and that was fine. Seemed to have a different layout.

I think the only place I would refuse would be tent camping. We mostly visit in the summer and I don't like camping in perfect weather! We've done POR and Yacht Club. We're doing the Beach Club next August. The values don't appeal to me - the location isn't great and I've heard they're noisy. We wouldn't choose GF since we've been to the Hotel Del Coronado - I just can't imagine it can compare to the original :)

It's no surprise the value resorts are coming off worst, as they are 'value' and not expected to be up to the standards of a deluxe. We are lucky enough to be able to stay at deluxe resorts but if my circumstances changed would I stay at a value just to be in the bubble? After reading this thread I'm not so sure. But then again, could I stay outside the bubble again? I'm not sure either.

Any Value or the campground.

Motel 6 with some Disney flair is not for us even though I know some people love it but we wouldn’t stay at a Value for free.

We are just not camping people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!