What restaurant should I reserve for Christmas Dinner if Liberty Tree Tavern is not available?

rcj2000

Mouseketeer
I plan on spending Christmas day in MK. My ADR booking window opens in two weeks. I am going to try make a dinner reservation at LTT, however, I understand that it can be very difficult to find an open reservation there, especially Christmas day. What restaurant would you recommend if LTT is not available? I'm looking for a restaurant that has a similar menu to LTT.

The closest thing food wise is probably the Diamond Horseshoe although it isn't the same by any means. Nothing else is the same, really. The other table service restaurants in MK are Cinderella's Royal Table, Tony's, Crystal Palace, Skipper Canteen, and the Plaza. I would check out the menu for all of those and see which one you like best. If nothing is appealing you might also consider dining at one of the restaurants at the monorail resorts, but it will involve some travel time to get in and out of the park.

I guess the question is - if you can't get LTT, do you want to stay in the park to eat or are you willing to go elsewhere? There is nothing inside MK that will mimic the offerings at LTT. If you are willing to leave the park, I would consider going to either Whispering Canyon at WL or Trail's End at Ft. W. Both are accessible by boat from MK. Trail's End offers a buffet - pork ribs, fried chicken, etc. - and typically adds some holiday fare on Christmas day. Last year WCC had a family-style offering of turkey, ham, holiday fixings, etc. and would probably most mimic the food and family-style offerings of LTT. Both resorts are also beautifully decorated for the holidays, with WL being the most beautiful of all the WDW resorts, IMHO.

I guess the question is - if you can't get LTT, do you want to stay in the park to eat or are you willing to go elsewhere? There is nothing inside MK that will mimic the offerings at LTT. If you are willing to leave the park, I would consider going to either Whispering Canyon at WL or Trail's End at Ft. W. Both are accessible by boat from MK. Trail's End offers a buffet - pork ribs, fried chicken, etc. - and typically adds some holiday fare on Christmas day. Last year WCC had a family-style offering of turkey, ham, holiday fixings, etc. and would probably most mimic the food and family-style offerings of LTT. Both resorts are also beautifully decorated for the holidays, with WL being the most beautiful of all the WDW resorts, IMHO.

Yes, I'm willing to leave MK for dinner. I would have never thought of the resorts for dinner. Thank you so much! :)

You're probably not going to find a "traditional Christmas dinner" at the other MK restaurants unless they add special menus for that day.
Honestly I bet Skipper's Canteen would be a fun experience on Christmas. Maybe they will have punny jokes like on Jingle Cruise.

Yes, I'm willing to leave MK for dinner. I would have never thought of the resorts for dinner. Thank you so much! :)

Sure! It may be a welcome respite from a very crowded park! As I mentioned, WL is absolutely gorgeous at Christmas time. The resorts typically have characters meet and greets in the lobbies as well. We stayed at WL around Christmas two years ago and we saw Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Pluto in holiday garb - super cute. The tree at WL is stunning.

If you decide on Trail's End, you may want to consider booking a private sleigh ride that evening or trying to get a spot on one of their wagon rides. Many guests who stay in RV's at Ft. W decorate their campsites to the nines for Christmas (lights, blow-up Santas, etc.) and the wagons and sleighs take guests through the campground to see the decorations. The WDW stables are also very close to Trail's End, so you can see the horses there. Both resorts are just lovely to visit at Christmas time.

Thank you everyone for all of your suggestions! I appreciate all of your help! I'll keep you posted with what reservations I was able to score! :)

Thank you everyone for all of your suggestions! I appreciate all of your help! I'll keep you posted with what reservations I was able to score! :)
We ate at WCC Christmas Day last year. I don’t love the shtick, but the food was delicious.

I plan on spending Christmas day in MK. My ADR booking window opens in two weeks. I am going to try make a dinner reservation at LTT, however, I understand that it can be very difficult to find an open reservation there, especially Christmas day. What restaurant would you recommend if LTT is not available? I'm looking for a restaurant that has a similar menu to LTT.
My family and I have never eaten at WDW on Christmas Day but several years ago we had a great Thanksgiving dinner at Chef Mickeys.we had lots of fun with characters and food was traditional and good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!