What restaurants should we try next?

cgh

DIS Veteran
We've been to WDW several times and have eaten at LOTs of restaurants. What should be on our short list the next time? We are DH, me and will have a 10 year old and 5 year old boy the next time we go. (food allergy family too)

Here's where we've gone:

MK:
Crystal Palace
Plaza restaurant
CRT
BOG
Skippers Canteen

Epcot
Garden Grill
Teppen Edo
Coral Reef
Biergarten

HS
50s prime time

AK-
Tusker House

MK Hotels
1900 Park Fare
Grand Floridian Cafe
Narcoosees
California Grill
Chef Mickey
Ohana

Other hotels
Boma
Beaches n cream

Downtown disney
TREX

Where should we try next?

We are doing Hoop Dee Doo Review next trip for the first time. Some other new ones for us will be Yachtsman and Flying Fish.

I highly recommend Via Napoli at Epcot. Excellent pizza.

What's your allergy?

I think you should try Sci Fi Drive In, San Angel Inn, Le Cellier, Brown Derby, or Yak N Yeti

Liberty Tree Tavern in MK, Via Napoli and Sunshine Seasons at Epcot, Kona Cafe at Poly, Citricos at GF

Last edited:
Don't know your allergies or how adventuresome you are, but here are some of my faves, most not on your list.

Raglan Road at DS, good food, music and dancing, Frontera Cucina, good Mexican, a bit different than the norm!
Satuli's Canteen at AK, best new QS
Sci-Fi at DHS
Skipper's Canteen at MK
Rose & Crown at Epcot for the fireworks, Spice Road is fantastic and of course Marrakesh, great food, belly dancer and music.

We've been to WDW several times and have eaten at LOTs of restaurants. What should be on our short list the next time? We are DH, me and will have a 10 year old and 5 year old boy the next time we go. (food allergy family too)

Here's where we've gone:

MK:
Crystal Palace
Plaza restaurant
CRT
BOG
Skippers Canteen

Epcot
Garden Grill
Teppen Edo
Coral Reef
Biergarten

HS
50s prime time

AK-
Tusker House

MK Hotels
1900 Park Fare
Grand Floridian Cafe
Narcoosees
California Grill
Chef Mickey
Ohana

Other hotels
Boma
Beaches n cream

Downtown disney
TREX

I have family members with food allergies and we can pretty much eat at any TS including buffets and dinner shows. Disney is so great! We love breakfast at Crystal Palace, Tusker House, Cape May, Whispering Canyon Cafe, Trail’s End, and Boma. At MK we do LTT for lunch and Tony’s or BOG for dinner. At Epcot it is Tutto Italia for lunch and either Chefs or Le Cellier for dinner. We also like lunch or dinner at Coral Reef. At AK we do Rainforest Cafe for lunch. At DHS we like Hollywood Brown Derby for lunch and 50’s PTC for dinner. We also love dinner at Boma.

We recently ate at Narcossees and Citricos at the GF, and both were fantastic. We also had a great meal at Jiko. Not so good meals at Coral Reef and Jungle Navigation. Had great meals at Tiffins both times we have eaten there. Good luck.

DS is contact anaphylactic to all forms of milk (i.e.passes out starts turning blue within 5-10 min of ingestion), eggs, sesame, peanut, and tree nuts.

Thanks for the suggestions. Each time we like to try a new place. We do tend to do 2 TS a day. (easier with food allergies).

Here's where we've gone:

MK:
Crystal Palace
Plaza restaurant
CRT
BOG
Skippers Canteen

Epcot
Garden Grill
Teppen Edo
Coral Reef
Biergarten

HS
50s prime time

AK-
Tusker House

MK Hotels
1900 Park Fare
Grand Floridian Cafe
Narcoosees
California Grill
Chef Mickey
Ohana

Other hotels
Boma
Beaches n cream

Downtown disney
TREX

With the exception of the turkey legs at Tortuga Tavern (and they are just standard theme park food in taste and delivery), from my POV you've already done as good as it gets at MK currently. Although if only I told the man about Casey's Corner he'd probably lose his mind there but that's what happens when you leave me to do all the planning:).

Epcot is a whole new world of good and worthy eats. Katsuri Grill, Via Napoli, Tokyo Dining (different cuisine from Teppan Edo), Chefs de France, any eatery at the Morroco Pavillion, make me happy. I tend to ignore the various Latino offerings because I look for more authenticity. Basically, pick a cuisine that interests you and just dive in.

At HS, we enjoy HBD and I suspect the lounge is just as good as the restaurant even though the menu at the former is smaller. The family enjoys ABC Commissary (salmon and roast chicken; the ribs were considered "meh" but DGD prefers dry rub over wet sauce) and we have fun ordering under the canopied eateries of Catalina Eddy's (acceptable and what you'd expect of a QS Cesar salad), and Rosie's burgers which seem to be pretty popular there.

@ AK, we have eaten and enjoyed meals at Flaming Tree BBQ, Mr Harambe's, and Tiffen's. Haven't tried Tusker's yet.

Nothing to add to the MK hotels' roster that you haven't eaten at.

FF on the Broadwalk is a taste delight for all ages. Never been to the original iriteration so I just take it as it is. As things stand now we'll eat there Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve. Happily.

Disney Springs is a food lovers delight. We wuvvvvvv Boathouse, Morimoto Asia, Sprinkle's, Earl of Sandwich, and are looking foward to Jaleo's opening and enjoying Wine Bar George and Enzo and Maria's Hideaway our next trips.

Last edited:
Hum, at MK we enjoy Casey's Corner (it's counter service though but there are something about those hot dogs we love)
At Disney Springs, Homecoming has become a family favorite
HS is the one park I don't prefer to dine in so nothing there
AK - we love Tusker House or Flame Tree BBQ or Satu'li Canteen in Pandora
Hotels: Whispering Canyon and O'Hana are great restaurants although I've been wanting to try Kona at some point

Here are my recommendations for restaurants you haven't gone to yet:

MK: Casey's Corner (counter service)

Epcot: Chefs de France, Le Cellier, San Angel Inn, Tokyo Dining

HS: Hollywood Brown Derby

AK: Tiffins

MK Hotels: Artist Point (until November), Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue, Kona Cafe (breakfast)

Other Hotels: Jiko, Sanaa, Yachtsman Steakhouse

Disney Springs: Raglan Road

MK:
Liberty Tree Tavern

Epcot
Marrakesh (Belly Dancers alone make this worth it)

MK:
Not much left to try.

Epcot:
Chefs de France
Tutto Italia

AK & DHS:
We never eat table service there

Resorts:
Kona Café
Boatwrights

Disney Springs:
Chef Art Smith's Homecomin
Morimota Asia

MK:
Columbia Harbour House!

HS:
Sci Fi

AK:
Flame Tree

MK Hotels:
The Wave (Contemporary)
Kona Cafe for breakfast (Poly)
Whisper Canyon Cafe (Wilderness Lodge)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!