What restaurants won’t you go to again?

We have maybe a dozen restaurants we go to consistently and mostly avoid all the rest. All our go-tos are at the hotels or Disney Springs. We rarely eat meals in the parks.
We are the same for dinner. We had so-so experiences at park restaurants at dinner. We will do TS lunch in a park usually early in the day. I must say most lunch experiences have been good to great. Dinner is mostly in Disney Springs or a hotel. No longer all day park people so this works for us.

We are the same for dinner. We had so-so experiences at park restaurants at dinner. We will do TS lunch in a park usually early in the day. I must say most lunch experiences have been good to great. Dinner is mostly in Disney Springs or a hotel. No longer all day park people so this works for us.
We should compare our dinner dining list someday! 😊🍸

Be Our Guest. Just ate here 2 nights ago and it has really gone downhill. I enjoyed it many times prior to and since becoming a prix fixe menu. The salad used to be larger and better prepared. I asked for dressing on the side, but it came out with the dressing on it. A new salad was delivered but did not have the hazelnut brittle. The filet had gristle. The entree accompaniments were sparse. The vanilla cake dessert (cake and fruit) was tasty, but the cake part was very hard to find (3 tiny little pieces). The macaron on the trio has been changed and is not nearly as nice. Also, the bread is now pieces of a loaf of bread and tasteless. I will not return.

I give most places at least a few chances, but Rose and Crown and Narcoossees have the dubious honor of being so bad in both service and food quality, that there is no way we'll ever do them again. I'd say Check Mickey's too because the food is so terrible, but we REALLY want the character interaction, we'll pay for it and suck it up. It's been YEARS since we have tho. Nothing chaps my rump more than paying premium for cr*p food.

The first time we went to Narcoossee's, it was amazing. We loved it, and went twice during the trip. When we returned a couple years later, we were told they had changed chefs, and we didn't like it at all. Haven't been back since.

1900 Park Fare! I know I know, you pay for the character experience but if I’m paying that much I would at least like not to have to eat somewhere else when we leave!!! Very limited selection and what they did have was just bland and tasteless and our server was awful! Characters were great, but food stunk!!!

Monsieur Paul.
Mediocre service. Poorly executed meals. Sub-par ambiance. All of that for Signature prices.
Paddlefish
Simply poor service. Hit or miss on food (mostly miss). Poor service (yep, I mentioned it already). Again, Signature prices.

It's funny reading through this thread. Honestly we love Disney but we just really aren't fans of eating out. When our kids were young we went for the character interaction but that's a non-issue now. My husband and I did go to Chef MIckey's on anniversary trip because we wanted the characters. The food was blah, characters were great, so we had a good time. For the most part we stick with QS. The prices are reasonable, it's quick and then we aren't as disappointed if the food isn't the best.

We've yet to try any of the signature dining experiences and honestly I doubt we will.

Sounds like my experience. BOG lunch can be decent but completely dependent on what you order and when you eat. I always try for very early or very late lunch to miss the heavy crowds. BOG also doesn't treat single or 2 party guests well. Seem to prioritize parties of 4 plus. I've also waited at least 30 mins for my food with management popping by to make sympathetic noises. I don't want the sympathy. Just want my food. I asked the last CM to please just get my meal from the kitchen. No can do. Not her job.

When I’ve eaten by myself there it has always taken over half an hour for my food to arrive while I’ve sat and watched others who arrived after me nearly finish their meals before I even get my food. I actually enjoy the extra time but it should be a choice and not Disney neglecting diners of 1 and 2s.

I did go back and give Satuli Canteen a second try earlier this month. I stand by my first assessment. No need to go back. The place is just a disappointment. I wanted to love it (I love bowls), but if you can't get rice right, then why bother.

Sci-Fi and Via Napoli. My family does not like the atmosphere at Sci-Fi and eating at the small tables sitting in rows in the dark is not fun for us. The food is just okay - nothing special. Via Napoli is loud and the food is just okay. There are better places for us to eat so we keep trying different places to find our favorites!

1. Yachtsmen Steakhouse- the place is nice and the service was good but the NY Strip at $54 was a very poor quality meat.

2. BOG all meals- for a signature and 2 dining plan credits meal being herded like cattle is definitely not a good experience.

3. Biergarten- the food is mediocre and our experience with our fellow diners was bizarre- couple was there for the man’s birthday when they left the woman said they were going home to ( insert word starting with F for adult activity). Would have been OK if you were there with a large group of your own.

1. Yachtsmen Steakhouse- the place is nice and the service was good but the NY Strip at $54 was a very poor quality meat.

2. BOG all meals- for a signature and 2 dining plan credits meal being herded like cattle is definitely not a good experience.

3. Biergarten- the food is mediocre and our experience with our fellow diners was bizarre- couple was there for the man’s birthday when they left the woman said they were going home to ( insert word starting with F for adult activity). Would have been OK if you were there with a large group of your own.
You must have developed quite a close relationship at the communal table at Biergarten. At least they didn’t invite you back to join in. 🤪

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter