What restaurants won’t you go to again?

The Wave for Thanksgiving dinner - They ditched the buffet and went with a prix fixe that, in our opinion, just wasn't worth the $40 per adult.
Mama Melrose - Service was slow. They only offer tomato based pastas and the food just didn't have that, "That's Italian" taste.
Be Our Guest (lunch) - We kinda felt cheated having to order our food by kiosk then have it delivered by staff but had to get our own drinks. Who get the tip?
With all reviews, I will throw in an asterisk....Could be that one experience that things were just off.

It is my understanding that you don't need to tip at BOG but maybe I was mistaken about that.

It is my understanding that you don't need to tip at BOG but maybe I was mistaken about that.

Yes, breakfast and lunch are QS and you don't need to tip. There isn't even an option to add one when you complete your purchase.

I don't need to go back to Le Cellier anytime soon. It's overpriced and crowded and there are better steaks elsewhere.

Skipper Canteen - Crappiest customer service I have ever experienced at Disney. Mediocre food.

Cinderella’s Royal Table - Fun to do once but it's expensive and the food is also only mediocre.

I've never understood the Via Napoli raves. We went a few years ago. No real complaints but it was just nothing at all impressive. I do wonder if the people who really like it maybe live in a bit of a food desert when it comes to pizza? I know there are some places that all they have is a Dominoes and Papa John's. For a LONG time, where I live, it was somewhat like that. In the last 10-15 years, we've had a surge of woodfired or brick oven pizza places open that make this type of pizza. I guess I just don't need to have that experience at Disney since it's just about everywhere where I live.

Um, no. :rotfl:

Reactions: CJN

I can't recall having a really bad experience at any of the restaurants we've been to.

But to play:

'Ohana - one and done for us. No major complaints though.
California Grill - just tired of it and the menu is similar enough to other signatures that we can branch out.
Restaurant Marrakesh - find their other two options better, especially the counter-service.
Sci-Fi - it was fine, but feel no need to go back.
Whispering Canyon - again, a one and done.

Ones we will always go back to:
Via Napoli - tradition and I like good pizza anywhere (especially Neapolitan style), even if we can have it home too!
Skipper Canteen - great table service option in MK and we really enjoyed the food (and the wine at MK ;) ) Our server was lots of fun.
Morimoto- we may not go this upcoming trip, but definitely will again. Great food and great cocktails.

Cinderella’s Royal Table, way too long of a wait even with a reservation last time we were there. It is way too loud, it’s like eating at Friday’s or Applebee’s. Food is ok, like eating at Friday’s or Applebee’s. Honestly I’d enjoy eating at Chili’s more. We had gone before and it was good, but they fail so badly at managing the crowd I’m done with it.

Tony’s. We used to like it, but earlier this year we had the single WORST pasta dish I have had in my life. I had no idea you could over cook pasta so badly. My 4 year old nephew could make play dough pasta that tasted better than this.

Coral Reef. Fiancé loves the aquarium but hates seafood. I think there are two non seafood items on the menu. I thought it was alright.

Artist Point storybook dining. Pricey, didn’t love the menu, thought the food was alright, but the stuff I liked was small portions. Popcorn as dessert is just strange. Loud.

Morimoto. Ate there, then found out a week later they had an employee test positive for Hep-A. Had to scramble to get my fiancé a Hep-A vaccine on a weekend to calm her down. I’ll never get my fiancé to step foot in there again. I liked it though, the nachos were excellent.

Last edited:
Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe until they get a different vegan option. My Fiancee only had 1 bad vegan meal at DW all week and it was there. Right in the trash it went. I tried a bite here and there of her vegan meals during the week and they were pretty good.....except for the vegan sloppy Joe or maidrite or whatever they were calling it.

A couple are off our list....

Crystal Palace - Food was meh, characters slow (took over 45 minutes to see the 1st one and then were done eating and waiting for the characters). And then the family that had apparently had a child projectile vomit all over the other side of the restaurant was moved next to us. Yuck! It may have been an off night, but we will never know since I will not book it ever again.

Kona Cafe - It used to be a favorite and then the menu change at the beginning of the year was beyond disappointing. I went in March (not realizing the menu had changed --- totally my bad for not double checking) and it was just blah to me. It is off my list unless the menu changes back to similar to the old one. The waitress said I was not her first complaint about it.

Tony's Town Square and Coral Reef - Been twice and that was definitely enough. Had concerns about going the second time, and they were still the same so fully off my list now. But I was with friends and it was what we could get last minute for both of them.

Coral Reef - bland food
Skipper Canteen - I guess I just expected "more." The food wasn't bad, just no what we expected. We're adventurous eaters, and found it to be pretty typical fare.

Y'all are making me nervous about my ADR for Sci Fi.

Places that have been one and done for us:

Cinderella's Royal Table - $$$$ for what you get. Small portions and the check in process makes you feel like a herded cattle. Definitely glad we did it once but def don't need to go back.

Via Napoli - went in with high expectations given all the rave reviews on here. Was just OK for us, slow service, restaurant atmosphere was ho-hum, the check are was crazy and the food was not that great. We have a lot of great Italian around us so maybe that's why.

Biergarten - was expecting so much from the buffet but the truth is there was little my family would actually eat. My kids ended up eating fruit and my husband ended up just drinking beer. For the $$$ it just wasn't worth it for us. Unless you really like German food, this is a hard place for picky eaters especially.

Those are probably it for places we won't go to again off the top of my head. Everything else we'd likely try again and we've been to most of the restaurants in the world with the exception of Disney Springs.

Y'all are making me nervous about my ADR for Sci Fi.

I loved SciFi last visit. I had a Prime Rib Reuben (not on the menu anymore) and it was fantastic! I thought all the food we had was very fresh and the service was mostly wonderful. Love the atmosphere too!

I posted earlier that to never say never, but I am 99.9% sure I will never go to Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner again. Stouffers mac n cheese and Stove Top stuffing? No thank you!

Not a restaurant but Scats Cat club at POFQ. Waited 40 minutes for gluten free and regular beignets, yet the two people who ordered gluten free after I did got theirs within 5 minutes. Cast members saw us waiting the entire time and nothing was said or done. When we finally complained they gave us the wrong order and I didn’t get my beignets at all. Never will go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!