What restaurants won’t you go to again?

Reading this thread makes me think of my three states of being. I'm breathing so everything is good. I'm not at work , everything is great. I'm at Disney every thing is just AWSOME! And there is me view of life at my age.

On topic, I have never had a bad meal at Disney. Take that for what it is worth, I'm am from South Louisiana and of mixed Cajun and Italian heritage which means I will eat anything.

I have not had a "bad" meal at WDW. I have had "meh" meals. "Bad" courses of food. And sometimes, atrocious service. It is mostly the service that will cause DH and I to put a restaurant in the "NEVER AGAIN" category. But food, yes that can be a factor.

We don't expect to be treated like VIPs or anything. Just the typical service expected by a patron of a dining establishment. I was a server all through high school and college in everything from the local A&W to our finest dining establishments.

Our "Never Again" is:

Hollywood Brown Derby....the worst service ever. We were ignored after being seated in a near empty restaurant at lunch, while 3 and sometimes 4 CMs chatted at the the server station. We never received menus, or water, or an acknowledgement of our existence despite going back to the front check in after 15 minutes. We waited another 5 minutes and walked out after expressing our displeasure to the front desk and some assistant manage that came out as we were leaving. I would like to try the place but DH will not give them another chance. It's been over 9 years. I hoped the new outdoor lounge might entice him for a quick snack but...no. We opted for beers at Woody's Lunchbox. I know, right?

My probably never again is?

Despite it being one of my previous favorites, I can't do Biergarten anymore. First, they no longer serve Saurbraten or Rouladen and just the less expensive, less complex options and second, everything is so salty. I have become more sensitive to sodium lately and who wants to be bloated in the hot Florida sun.

There is usually something we can each find on any WDW menu that we enjoy so there needs to be something a little more encompassing than just food or just atmosphere etc.

That said, I know from reading these boards that while we haven't tried these, we never will. We are not fans of crowding, noise, extremely poor value, masses of uncontrolled children etc.

O'hana (food descriptions and uncontrolled chaos)
Via Napoli (I don't like that kind of pizza and I know better Italian places)
T-Rex and Rainforest Cafe' (We are grownups and like to talk during dinner)
Chef Mickey (See O'hana)
Le Cellier (We make great steaks, have access to good poutine and beer cheese soup is a staple here in Wisconsin)
Cape May (It still smells like fish, even at breakfast)

Also...QS because we didn't like the food and felt ripped off....

Cosmic Rays
Pecos Bills
Backlot Express
ABC Commissary
Casey's
ANY QS restaurant that serves only Pizza slices and one or two other choices.

Our next trip will be a "cheap" trip and not a "food centric" trip like my most recent one.

We might have to rent points for a studio and get groceries.

Le Cellier, Tusker House, and Liberty Tree are at the top of my never again list. Each one has had multiple chances and each time we've had bad food. I know some people rave about these spots, and maybe we're just a victim of Disney's inconsistency each time, but you can only give a place so many chances before you feel like a fool wasting your $. There enough other places to eat, and I'm sure plenty of other people are perfectly happy at these spots, so it all works out.

Ohana - food was meh, our server was rude, felt rushed. Never again. I was so looking foward to this dining reservation and it was such a let down.

My never agains are

Mama Melrose -- Ate there one when we took one of the tours and I got sick plus the server was a lazy dingbat she put desserts at end and told the people to pass the stuff down. Guess what they didn't make it to the other end 4 people ate all the gelato and all we got were nasty cannolis, my guess the only reason our end was passed the cannolis is because they looked nasty.

Ohana -- We were seated fast and had a great view of the castle but it took forever for the server to come by, most of the food was nasty and what we both liked we were never offered more of..The Lapu Lapu was fabulous though

Beirgarten -- Once was enough for us, not fan of sitting at tables with other people we don't know. Plus neither of us are fans of German food.

Tony's -- Mom said the food was nasty but that was in the mid 90's but she won't let me make any ADR's to see if they improved

I do get a good chuckle when people say the ONLY (yes I know some said food is too salty and that's a good reason not to return) reason they won't go back to LeCellier is because is dark and cramped um aren't most cellers/basements dark & cramped? We've never had a bad meal there

Tony's. Yuck.

Also, unless I was with people that wanted to go, I wouldn't go back to the Edison. Food was meh, service was terrible. We did have a good table right by the stage. That was the only thing I enjoyed.

I only have 1 that is a never again - Skipper Canteen - The service was bad and the food was bad. It seemed all they wanted to do was get us out there. The food was not cooked properly, just an overall bad experience and we couldn't figure out what all the rave was about it.

Now the rest of my family would also include Boma in here, but I loved Boma. They were not fond of the food, but our service was fantastic and I liked trying some of the more adventurous things. (I find it weird that they weren't fond of the food, seeing as they love Sanaa!)

We have a couple we will go to again, but aren't high priority that were just meh
1. Sci-Fi (we've been several times, but the last two things were just meh, services was only ok and our burgers weren't all that great)
2. BOG - Nothing horrible about it, just there are better places.
3. Rose and Crown - it was ok, but just not our favorite

Our goal is to eat every restaurant, so we are about halfway through that goal. LOL So we really try to only do one repeat per trip.

I have to do ADR’s in 20 days, so we had a family meeting to review priorities. After reviewing the dinner menu, DD changed her mind about BOG. So I won’t have to waste money on it and have a lousy meal.

Our time at WDW is too precious to waste on a place that we don’t enjoy.

BE OUR GUEST.

Went last Winter and (a) was left waiting 45 minutes on that bridge and Courtyard after our ADR time and missing our Haunted Mansion FP, (b) they were rude and (c) the grossly overpriced pork tastes like it came from Costco. Felt like we were at a bad goth wedding. The theming was great and meeting the Beast after was too but the experience overall was not.

BE OUR GUEST.

Went last Winter and (a) was left waiting 45 minutes on that bridge and Courtyard after our ADR time and missing our Haunted Mansion FP, (b) they were rude and (c) the grossly overpriced pork tastes like it came from Costco. Felt like we were at a bad goth wedding. The theming was great and meeting the Beast after was too but the experience overall was not.

Sounds familiar.

Not for nothing, but wouldn't it make sense to have Belle along with the Beast at BOG? Cinderella is at her castle. I just always thought it odd. The Beast's castle is beautiful, and BOG had the potential to be an elevated experience. Instead, Disney has made a mess of what should have been a wonderful attraction/restaurant. The whole cafeteria environment and lousy food has ruined it for my family and I am sure, many others.

Epic fail.

Coral Reef - bland food
Skipper Canteen - I guess I just expected "more." The food wasn't bad, just no what we expected. We're adventurous eaters, and found it to be pretty typical fare.

Y'all are making me nervous about my ADR for Sci Fi.
Had a great lunch there in May. We hadn't been in many years but with three young granndkids we thought we'd give it a try again, we were pleasantly surprised.

Will add Chef Mickey’s. Wonderful character interactions but (with reference to breakfast) the pricing is at obnoxious levels for the quality. Basically 50 bucks for a waffle and coffee.

Coral Reef. It was over ten years ago so maybe should give it another chance but service was slooooow and just felt 'meh' to us. Not that it was bad, but there are too many places we like more.

It's funny because so many that I love are on people's lists. Honestly, I wouldn't say there is anywhere I would never go back to. Some places have been better than others and certainly some have been underwhelming but I've never had a disastrous meal, and sometimes I can consider something a fluke. There are some places I would be less enthused about going back to, but I still would. It's one meal, right?
Reading this thread makes me think of my three states of being. I'm breathing so everything is good. I'm not at work , everything is great. I'm at Disney every thing is just AWSOME! And there is me view of life at my age.

On topic, I have never had a bad meal at Disney. Take that for what it is worth, I'm am from South Louisiana and of mixed Cajun and Italian heritage which means I will eat anything.
These 2 comments pretty much sum up how I feel. Never had a bad meal at Disney, they've all been good to fantastic.
Kinda surprised at the number of people who seem to swear off a restaurant after just one bad meal, not something I could ever do. Especially if the issue was more service related as that is something that is much more likely to vary. A bad server would never turn me off from an entire restaurant, I'd probably never be able to eat out again.

Can you elaborate on Ohana? Missed it on my first visit and ADR-ed it this time for breakfast. Kid is ambivalent but never been to Poly so will give us an excuse to get over there.

Can you elaborate on Ohana? Missed it on my first visit and ADR-ed it this time for breakfast. Kid is ambivalent but never been to Poly so will give us an excuse to get over there.
‘Ohana is so fun. Lilo, Stitch, Pluto, & Mickey come to each table. The breakfast is family style: scrambled eggs, Mickey waffles, pineapple/coconut bread, fruit, sausage and ham with pineapple. I always request bacon, and they always bring it. The food is delicious and the character interaction is awesome.

We have eaten at ‘Ohana for breakfast on every trip during the last 16 years, and it remains one of our must-do favorites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!