What rides are open during EE

DonnettaR

DIS Veteran
We received our Disneyland package yesterday and the sheet "from Disneyland" where it listed all the rides and where they are located. They listed 14 rides in Fantasy Land and included Haunted Mansion, Small World, and Matterhorn. Are these rides open during EE?

The Haunted Mansion is in New Orleans Square, not Fantasyland, and would, therefore, not be included in EE. The others would be, though. The Matterhorn and It's a Small World are Fantasyland rides.

I've heard the Buzz ride in Tomorrowland is open too.
When we went on our EE day, we stayed in Fantasyland, so I can't confirm that.

I asked this on another thread and got mixed answers. Can you use the monorail to gain entrance to the park on EE days?

You can ride the monorail on EE mornings. From my observation, the time that the first train leaves seems to depend on how fast the CM's working the turnstiles set up the tables, how quickly security starts letting people through and how many (and how quickly) people load onto the first monorail.

It seems like there is no advantage or disadvantage to taking the monorail as opposed to lining up at the Main Street turnstiles. Guest on the first monorail seem to enter Fantasyland at about the same time as the front gate guests.

Thanks. I just thought maybe the crowd would be a little lighter at the Monorail station vs. the maingate. I will be traveling with my Mom in an ECV and don't won't people rushing her to get in.

Redcon1 said:
I've heard the Buzz ride in Tomorrowland is open too.
When we went on our EE day, we stayed in Fantasyland, so I can't confirm that.

Buzz has traditionally been open for EE, but last week (Tue & Thur) it stayed closed and the Astrojets (or whatever their current name is now) were open.

Likewise, the monorail did not start rolling until >after< the gates opened so those in line had a slight head start on the monorails.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter