What Room To Ask For At Hilton LB Palace?

brianh19

Earning My Ears
I heard the Pdocast team toured the hotel and liked it. Reviews I've seen online are horrid. Must be different phases there/ When we show up what room/building/wing do we ask for to better our chances on getting an updated room? Don't care about view or distance to Springs. I'm worried about my wife leaving town or sleeping in the car.

I heard the Pdocast team toured the hotel and liked it. Reviews I've seen online are horrid. Must be different phases there/ When we show up what room/building/wing do we ask for to better our chances on getting an updated room? Don't care about view or distance to Springs. I'm worried about my wife leaving town or sleeping in the car.
We just returned from there yesterday, we were on the 9th floor in the shorter of the two tower buildings. The first thing I did when we got in the room was check for the mould that people had mentioned and fortunately there wasn't any! The room did look like it had been recently decorated, although not particularly well, but from a cleanliness point of view there were no issues.

What we did have a problem with was noise. We arrived quite late (gone 11 p.m.) and didn't notice anything when we went to bed, but got woken up at 4.30 a.m. by a woman in the room next door talking (presumably on the phone). I don't know why she was so loud, but we could hear every word she was saying and it kept us awake. She didn't respond well to us asking her to keep the noise down (apparently she had been changing rooms since 2 a.m.) but it did stop after we called the front desk. Then there was the noise from the corridor, again this was so loud and went on until around 11 p.m. each night. I think the internal balcony just amplifies the noise from all the floors.

I don't know what the Island buildings are like, but if you are looking for something quiet I wouldn't recommend the building we were in.

This hotel is fairly specific on where you room will be based on what category you book. There is Tower vs Island. Island is smaller and so much fewer regular rooms. Tower offers a variety of views which are all bookable categories.

So you need to book the category you want and then I think your only other request would likely be something like how high up you want to be if booking a Tower room. Or perhaps based on above post maybe ask for a quieter room. Nothing else really matters since talking towers or smaller condense island.

We were there during pool and building renovations. Our room was fine, not brand new but not old. Clean. We had no noise issues. If I were to return, I'd likely want a room in the Island specifically because it's closer to the bridge to Disney Springs, and the pool area which would be my reason for booking there.

We stayed there in September and liked it. Our room was on the 25th floor of the tower. yes we could hear clearly through the wall/adjoining door but it was only 1 night of noise. We LOVED the view from our balcony "resort view". i asked for a room on a high floor at check-in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter