What should go in the empty Hercules/Xena, Murder She Wrote Building?

Jon360

Mouseketeer
They have to bring a show back to this buidling!

Disney did it with Who Wants To Be a Millionare.. Universal must rip them off and outdo them by bringing in THE WEAKEST LINK LIVE!

Have Ann Robinson wannabe's host a 30 min. version of the show with contestants from the audience.

Or how about a 3-D Movie starring Shrek? Or a Harry Potter 3-D Movie?

Anyone else have any idea's for this building?

-Jon

Something for the classic monsters!!! They need something more than that awful Graveyard Review Show for the monsters.

The ratings for Who wants to be a Millionaire have plummetted dramatially and ABC doesnt know what they want to do with the show. Next season it will only be on 2 days a week and they are expecting terrible ratings. Maybe it wasnt the best idea for Disney to invest in an attraction that is more or less a fad.

I think they should convert this building so that it can hold simulators or something...It sounds like Hanna-Barbera and BTTF are staying for a while and if one of those buildings should become vacant, then this idea could go to one of those buildings.

I think I already pitched this idea once before, but this thread is indeed the place where it should be, although the other thread was more themed for it...

I think USF should have a ride based on the Harry Potter movie. Maybe a simulator based on Quidditch or something like that...Dodging bludgers and catching the Golden Snitch would be fun...Maybe have the preshow star Daniel Radcliffe (Harry) and the rest of the Gryffindor Quidditch team, explaining the rules of the game or something...just thought this might be a good idea...

IOAfan

I heard a rumor that if Millionaire's rantings plummet to cancellation, the show would be converted to a US Weekly trivia show. The questions will be entertainment questions.

As for the Herc/Xena building, I think a 3-D movie could work in it. I thought about a Ghostbusters MIB-type ride, but that would be too redundant.

They do a Nutty Professor 3d movie. Something along the lines of Honey I Shrunk The Kids at Epcot. Maybe even Shrek.

no 3d and only for one reason. There's two 3d movies out already. If anyone forgot its the T23d and the Birds at hitchcock. Its like throwing a big lovely theme together and all you're putting in it is motion simulators. Don't get me wrong i saw some great 3d shows in the past but i don't think it would work.

What about a sound effects show or something...I don't think USF has had one of those yet, but I haven't seen the Hercules/Xena attraction at all, so I may be wrong...

IOAfan

well, it started out with murder she wrote as a sound fx show and then universal decided to up the times with herc and xena as a new fx show it it got slammed and then wrapped for good. So, I don't belive they will put a fx show.

I know I'll be a voice crying in the wilderness here, but wouldn't it be great if there was somewhere at Universal to see great old movies, maybe even for free?

Howsa about a WC Fields or Mae West festival? Or some of those old monster flicks? Or maybe just a short program of old trailers? Herc and Zena's old digs would be an okay place for that.

But I suppose it doesn't make much sense from a business point of view to have people in a theater for 90 minutes when they could be out spending money. But it would be cheap to implement.

(sigh)

Kelly, trust me, Motion Picture Magic would be perfect there. It's a history of Universal show with great FX-I would love to see it there.

I could easily watch a show of all of Uni's best history. Make it very spacious seating, complete with cup holder, and sell cheap foot massages for during the show. We'll visit it every time!
Jim

I kind of see Universal getting away from the movie-making stuff and to the rides stuff. It would be good to have a show inside the building, if only to get out of the heat. Besides, shows are great queue suckers. 500 people in a show means 500 less people in the BTTF line! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter