What should I do for a night and day by myself?

dhearn

Earning My Ears
I am coming to Orlando on business October 7th and 8th. I will have a convention to attend during the day on the 7th. I am staying in the DD area. This will be the first time in 37 years (I have been to DW 30+ times) that I have ever been in that area for a reason other than going to Disney so I can't let it go totally to waste. I have a couple of days left on a previous Park Hopper so that isn't an issue and I can visit a park on the 8th although I have to be back at airport for a 6:45 PM flight that night so won't have all day. I am taking suggestions. How would you spend your time if you were in my shoes? Which park would you visit? What would you do with the night that you have? Thanks!

Also, if any solo visitors or couples are going to be around on those same dates, I would love to meet you and do and talk all things Disney!

Depending on what time on the 7th you are finished with business, EPCOT may be your only option that day/night. <I>World Showcase</I> there is open until 9 pm that evening, and you could enjoy a nice meal, then watch <I>Illuminations</I>, if you like that. On the 7th and 8th, <I>Future World</I> is open until 7 pm. MK's hours: 9 to 7 on the 7th, 9 to 6 on the 8th. MGM - 9 to 7:30 both days. AK - 9 to 5 both days.

Only you know what you prefer - fine dining or counter service, thrill rides, animals, classic Disney, etc. I love it all!

If your Park Hopper includes PI, you could go to the clubs the night of the 7th, then visit a park the next morning. But you might not see much action on a weeknight, and that's a great time for uncrowded park visits when they're open.

I would park hop like mad. Since you're traveling alone you can get around faster without doing anything you don't care to do. I agree that Epcot on the 7th is a good idea. The Disney big wigs will be in the parks that week, which is when I'll be going too. I arrive on the 8th.

I agree with Peggo- I'd park hop, hitting my favorites. I'd probably visit DTD on the free night- a little shopping and relaxing.

I recommend the backstage tour. The timing should be perfect for you and it as a WODNERFUL day.

Enjoy whatever you decide,
Sandy

Ride all the big rides you can you may never get another chance,
Stay on rocking rollercoaster as long as you can.

I second InstImpres' idea of going on a backstage tour. DH and I did the Keys to the Kingdom tour (5 1/2 hrs long - includes lunch) and it was a lot of fun! There were several solo travelers in our tour group. The CM who runs the tour will answer virtually any question you have about WDW while you are 'backstage'.

Kim

I also recommend a tour. DH & I just returned from our first child free visit & took the Keys to the Kingdom Tour. We thoroughly enjoyed it. Very informative, a lot of fun & a decent lunch at the Columbia Harbour House. You get a discount if you are a DVC member, have an AP or are a Disney Club member. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter