What should I do with two little girls for the day?

zakatak

<font color=deeppink>Cinderella looked at me like
Hi!

DH is taking ds (6) to Typhoon Lagoon for the day (during our July trip). This is the day we will be moving from the POLY to POR. We will have been to Fantasyland the day before.

Any suggestions on something special to do with my dds (4 & 3)? Money is a bit tight, but I would like them to feel special too. The 4 yo likes Cinderella and the 3 year old likes Belle. We've been to CRT and it was nice/ nobody ate (including me who was fumbling between the camcorder and camera and wiping hands the entire time!)... The new Princess breakfast doesn't have Cinderella, right? Hmmmm....

Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch!
Karen (& Ellie & Abby)

You could head over to Fort Wilderness. Let them play on the playgrounds, visit the petting zoo, have a pony ride and visit the horse barn, get some food at the Settlement trading post and have a little picnic, find the peacocks, etc--and only a few bucks for the pony rides and picnics.

Here are some suggestions:

1. Ride the monorail and visit some of the other resorts. Go to ASMu and visit "Andy's Room"

2. Go swimming at the pool (either POR or POLY)

3. Go shopping at DTD (a girl's trip) Our kids get their own pocket money when they go down (Disney $) and they are allowed to buy whatever they want with that money. So this might be a good opportunity for the 3 of you to get some shopping and then have lunch.

4. Ft. Wilderness (as someone else mentioned). I have a friend who camps there every year and she loves it. She says she has to reserve an entire day each trip just to enjoy what FW has to offer.

5. If you decide to go into the park, what about going to AK early and do all the kid stations and then spend some time in Dinoland playing at the Boneyard. My (then) 3.5yo son could have spent HOURS digging in that gravel for bones. He still talks about it!

6. If you decide to go to MK, what about Belle's Storytime? (I'm assuming that still happens) It was in the castle garden and Belle comes out and tells a story and picks a few kids from the audience to play the different parts. She then stays around and signs autographs. Try to be the last one in line and she will spend more time with you. You could also do autograph collecting and go through the lines at Toon Town Fair to see how many autographs you can get. Or just spend the entire afternoon at Toon Town, riding Goofy, playing in the playground, visiting Minnie and Mickey's houses, and eating ice cream. Take suits and let the kids play in the water at Donald's boat.

7. Another option would be to go to Epcot and do all the Kidcot stations and then maybe meet your son and dh for dinner after their day at TL.

8. Tell the CM at guest services that you and your preschool dd's are looking for something fun and inexpensive to do and if there is anything at the resort that they might enjoy. They may know of some secret treasure or activity that is going on that your dd's might enjoy.

9. Tie your dd's up with duct tape and take a nap :teeth: OK, maybe not, but it's what I always threaten my kids with LOL!!

10. What about swimming, a hair wrap (either at the pool or that you do yourself) and paint finger and toe nails? Something that would be relaxing, special, fun, and that your son would find too girly!

Whatever you do I'm sure you will have fun!

:earsgirl:

What about afternoon tea at the GF.? You could all get real dressed up and have a ball. A real girl thing. They even have a children's menu. After that how about the hair braiding thing or checking out the resort. Doing a little girl shopping as you go. If you have passes you are using that day, after tea I would go back to MK and redo all the FL rides that the girls will love. Enjoy the time with the girls!

Jordan's mom

I like the idea of tea at the GF but would the 3 yo stay still for that? It's a lovely time, though. They might enjoy the Wonderland Tea at the GF, which is hosted by Alice and the Mad Hatter. The kids get sandwiches, tea and get to decorate cupcakes and play games. 407-WDW-DINE has more info.
The GF has a ladybug release program; you could check with them and make that a special event for all of you to attend.

From POR, the boat ride to DTD is just wonderful. Why not take the boat and pick up a picnic lunch at Gourmet Pantry? Enjoy the outdoors and watching the crowds, then head over to the Lego store and let the girls play with the toys for a while. Then treat yourselves to a sundae at Ghiradelli's.

POR also has the fishing hole; even if the kids don't want to try fishing it's fun to go down there and watch others - and the birds who try to steal the fish!:D

You might try the Ice Cream Social at Epcot - it's not as hyper as some of the other character meals and since it's just ice-cream it's much more reasonably priced. Then try to catch the acrobats in China or the candy-making demo in Japan. Or what about mini-golf?

I took my girls to the GF Tea when the oldest was 4 years old and the youngest was 13 months old and we had a great time and our 4 year old loved it. Our 12 month old slept through most of it. I did have my DH with me to help. My oldest DD is asking to go there again for our next trip and since our youngest DD will now be 4 years old for that trip she will hopefully love it. :-)

There's a really cute little sitting area at the GF, too...with child size couch and chairs, etc. My 3yo didn't want to leave, and there was no entertainment or anything there. We toured resorts for most of a day, and she had a good time. We ate at 1900 Park Fair (Mary Poppins, Alice, Pooh, etc.)

Downtown Disney has some really cool stores with LOTS and LOTS of toys.

There is always the Wonderland Tea Party at the GF. It is for the kids and is different from the Afternoon Tea at the GF. Alice in Wonderland is there, they have 'tea', decorate a snack, and do a couple other things. We'll be taking our 4 yo for the first time this May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter