• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What should I put in a gift basket?

lolatuck

Mouseketeer
I want to put together a gift basket for my sister (32) who is going to WDW with us in June 2003. She's never been before and I'm trying to make it as special as possible. I thought if I start right now I could purchase a little at a time and have an awesome gift basket by the time we go. But I'm not entirely sure what to be looking for. If she was a child it would be much easier, LOL! Here's what I have thought of so far:

Disney Dollars
Film for her camera
T-shirt
Water bottle (possibly a mister bottle?)

That's what I have so far. Any great ideas you all have would be most appreciated.

TIA!

Lola

Mickey or Minnie doll (so what if she's not "actually" a child)
Sunglasses and/or sunglass straps
Disney photo album
Disney snacks or other park snacks
Travel diary (if it's something she might be interested in)
Mickey Mouse suckers from the Disney store
Small Disney wallet or a waist pack
Definitely a mister fan since you're going in June

That's all I can think of for now...I'm working on a similar idea for a December trip for my sister (6), cousin (6), mom (48) and grandma (72). It will be the first trip for my cousin and grandma and my mom's first in 10 years so she's never seen MGM or AK...Anyone want to add suggestions for me as well?!?! Especailly for grandma!

Lola, I'll let you know if I think of anything else!

Tia (that's actually my name, not an acronym)

Sunscreen

a Disney Pez dispenser (even grown ups like something to suck on when their mouth is dry)

What about an official guide to WDW? Sunscreen, a hat, a photo album, autograph book (if she likes this kind of thing), maybe a made up coupon for lunch, dessert, dinner on you?
Just a few ideas!
twinz

How about a pin lanyard and a few pins from The Disney Store, and maybe a Disney CD (the new Lilo & Stitch CD looks good). Also maybe some rolls of pennies and quartres so she can get Pressed Pennies. How about some socks with Disney characters on them (you can never have too many socks at Disney).

I don't know why I never think of things like these! I love all of your ideas. Keep em coming.

Thanks.

Lola

If you're going to do a water park, an underwater camera is a good thing. Even if not taking pictures underwater, it won't matter if it gets wet when you're kareening down the family slide, or even by the resort pool.

TDS has nice coffee mugs and glasses for her to use after the trip.

Sunscreen is a great idea.

You can buy her a Disney baseball cap or another type of Disney hat.

TDS also has some cute washclothes that are pressed into squares and bells, etc., with characters on them.

What a nice thing you're doing for your sister!

How about some fingure nail stickers, I had found some at wal-mart with mickey and tigger. Or even a temporary tatoo of a disney character.

how about some gum, I know it is small, but it is something I like to always have and a first time Disney visitor might not know that they cant buy it in the parks. Depending on how much you want to spend a gift certificate to go to the spa together might be nice.

Keep your eyes on film dates-you may want to actually buy yourself WM or Target gift cards for now so you can use them to buy the stuff 'FRESH' before you go.

If you buy film, the multipaks are definitely the cheapest.

Batteries for her camera.

A small bandaid holder to put in her fanny pak (of all things I forgot to take band-aids in the parks with me & BOY DID I NEED THEM)

A couple of gift cards for her from WM to get her film developed when she gets back

An expandable washcloth. (I know the Disney store had these a little while back). It is tiny and shrink wrapped-when you put it in water it expands to normal size & has a character picture on it). Just one of those fun things.

A long Disney sleep shirt. (Believe it or not when we go somewhere jammies are what I usually forget to pak!)

If you are going to find yourself in the parks before this big trip, how about a pair of mouse ears with her name?

If not, you could put a card in the basket with a "coupon" good for one pair of personalized mouse ears, redeemable after entry in the park.

I love making gift baskets for our trips. These are great ideas.

How about a guest of honor badge. I know that you can't order them right now because they are changing but you have plenty of time.

A t shirt with her favorite character. Or a beach towel.

A small first aid kit. Band aids have been mentioned but you could also as a small bottle of ibuprofrin, chapstick and moleskin.

sunblock, aloe, antibacterial wipes, film, batteries for walkman, maybe even some toiletries

I always do gift baskets for those who travel with us on their first trip. This year I'm getting the Disney t-shirts from the Disney catalog. You can have them personalized for any occasion and have the date of your trip on them. They're not too expensive, either. I also buy the bags of Mickey suckers at the Dollar General. Also include a fat pen for autograph book. Found gum for the Pez dispenser @Toys-R-Us. Use the plastic container from mini-M&M's to hold quarters for penny press machines. Disney "Little Golden Books" are usually about $1 each. Always include some Disney stuffed characters so that the housekeepers can do cute things with them when they clean your room. (If you get an inventive housekeeper.) I got several "sets" of the mini characters for under $4.00 at the Disney Store online and then used DC discount. Sometimes free shipping. I found small Disney snow globes for $3.00 on E-Bay and since we're going before the holidays, I bought a Disney Christmas ornament on clearance @Hallmark store to go in their baskets. I love doing these for people and they have a blast with all the cute Disney stuff. Have fun and have a wonderful trip.

Are you flying or driving? I think it would be nice to make some Disney-themed sugar cookies for the trip. Also, I like the water bottle holders with the strap to use in the parks. I think nice toiletries are a GREAT idea! It's so nice to go back to your hotel and use your special shampoo, conditioner, and soap. Burts Bees is fairly inexpensive (for nice toiletries), and they make great products! If she has long hair, some nice barettes (sp?) or pony tail holders would be great. Also, ponchos are a good idea to have in June. People have also recommended wearing ponchos on a few of the rides. Good luck! It's so thougtful of you to put this together for your sister! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter