What should I request for room location?

travelbug

DIS Veteran
I'm getting ready to do online check-in for Aulani. We will have a 2BR ocean view. Any suggestions for what I should request to possibly get a great location? (I understand that a request is just a request, etc.)

I was at Aulani 6 years ago. We had a 1BR island view room on a higher floor in the Ewa tower, and enjoyed that view. This time I got ocean view because it was all I could snag at 7 months, and my waitlists for a lower points room did not come through. So since we have an ocean view room, it would be nice to actually get a nice ocean view. I've heard that "ocean view" rooms greatly vary in how much ocean you can actually see.

Thanks for any suggestions!

We were in a xx82 room in Ewa and had a nice view. Anything from there up, I’d say you’d be good. Need to be 7th floor or higher to see over trees, it seemed. We were on 11 and had clear view.

We were in a xx82 room in Ewa and had a nice view. Anything from there up, I’d say you’d be good. Need to be 7th floor or higher to see over trees, it seemed. We were on 11 and had clear view.
Thanks for the reply. Did you make a particular request that got you that location?

A high room is always nice. We invest the extra points in ocean view and we prefer to be inside the "U" of buildings overlooking the pool rather than outside looking at the island, because we like to hear the music and we enjoy seeing the lights twinkle over the pool and lagoon in the evening. We once took an outside room instead, and felt like we were in an ordinary hotel room rather than in paradise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts