What should we not miss -- TS

proud mom

Take me to my happy place.
Ok, Wahlee convinced me to look at table service foods too. :thumbsup2

What do you consider your do not miss table service foods at Disneyland and California Adventure?

Thank you!

Blue Bayou. The ambiance can't be beat (inside the Pirates of the Carribean). I like getting an 11:30am seating to be seated by the water (best chances). Some think the food is "meh" and overpriced, but I happen to like it. I don't think it's a terrible value considering it's a very unique dining experience.

Another vote for Carnation. It’s the only one we feel we must do each trip.

We thought Blue Bayou was neat and it’s worth doing once but we won’t go again.

We also like Cafe Orleans for the monte cristo and beignets.

I mentioned this in your other thread, but Cafe Orleans is the one that we typically try to make it to most trips, and many people love the monte cristo there, though I've never tried it. My partner really liked Carthay's Circle but I didn't enjoy it - everything tasted good, but everything was really overpoweringly flavorful with no real palate cleansers, but that might come down to the specific items we ordered. Carnation Cafe has decent comfort food - nothing that we found terribly memorable, but still enjoyable. Blue Bayou is definitely unique, but I didn't particularly care for the food. My meal at Napa Rose might well be the best meal I've ever had.

I'm trying to remember where else we've eaten, but I guess if the memory isn't forth-coming it can't have been that great.

None are must do. We usually go to blueberry bayou if we feel like it.

I’ve done carnation cafe. Meh. The counter service at dlr is good.

We always start with a character breakfast or dinner at Goofy's. The food is good for a buffet or you can order off the menu but, the characters always make it FUN. The best table service for us, has always been at Storytellers. We always invite business clients to a dinner at Storytellers at least once per visit. The staff is always on top of every detail. The food is always great, adult drinks are always mixed perfect, always a pleasant evening. Anytime you can go by the Carnation Cafe for a meal, do it! Breakfast, lunch, or anytime. Steak House 55 is awesome if you like STEAKS. Try the New York Steak and a Vegi Omelotte for breakfast, that will start your day! Napa Rose is always good for a quiet dinner to end a busy day. If you like to people watch, try the patio at Cafe Orleans. Good food, good service, and you can see a lot of New Orleans square. Want something simple in a quiet place? Try White Water Snacks in the Grand. Basic burgers & fries type stuff and seldom crowded. :hyper2:

We too, never miss having lunch at least once at Carnation Cafe. Fried at pickles and a plate of seasoned french fries immediately. Everyone orders their favorites and we leave with smiles on our faces. We never have any room for dessert! Dinner at Tortilla Joe's in DTD. Chicken nachos from Whitewater Snacks in the GCH. Dill flavored popcorn with a Pear-O-Dice beverage from Cozy Cones while watching the light turn on!

The Chef's Counter at the Napa Rose. It's a wonderful dining experience.
I no longer suggest the Blue Bayou. Beware if you should decide to dine there. If you are not spending your money then great, dine there. Otherwise stay away.

I liked Blue Bayou because it is different - the food is nice but is pricey for what it is. Cafe Orleans is a favorite - my order is the house salad, a serve of gumbo and Mickey beignets! We went to Carnation Cafe for the first time this trip and enjoyed the shake and the food was just nice comfort food- we would go back but wouldn't call it a must do!

Cafe Orleans is probably our favorite in the park. Carthay Circle is great if you are looking for a more high end meal $$$ with a classy feel. A lot of history on those walls. Be sure to take the tour there if you can.

If you don't do the Chef's Counter at NR, do the Vintner's Menu in the main dining room or lounge. Very fun. Carthay Circle lounge for drinks and shared plates. CCR for a pricey, but delicious burger and fries at lunch or the jalapeno cheese biscuits and something from the seasonal menu for dinner. Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen in DTD is fun for TS, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!