What should you bring on a plane with you

My swimsuit. I started carrying it because it would be the hardest thing to replace if my luggage was lost. One time my luggage was delayed and i was able to swim with the family and also sleep in it (We were sharing a room with the kids) while my underwear I handwashed was drying. My luggage showed up the next day so no shopping was needed.

Last edited:
My swimsuit. I started carrying it because it would be the hardest thing to replace if my luggage was lost. One time my luggage was delayed and i was able to swim with the family and also sleep in it (We were sharing a room with the kids) while my underwear I handwashed was drying. My luggage showed up the next day so no shopping was needed.
This sounds interesting.... would love to see a pic of the suit.

I’d fly before spending the same amount of time in a Walmart.

Agree 100%.
I flew in June, and I'm flying in early October - no worries. Haven't been inside a Walmart or Target (hi Target, I miss you) since I don't know when!

I usually always have a book and any RX meds I might need on me on domestic flights, a change of clothes on International flights. In recent years I've started wiping down the arm rests & table and seat buckle - I've never gotten sick from travel but I figured it couldn't hurt -so I'll continue to do that, although when I flew last the plane was super clean and you could smell the cleaner in the air.

Agree 100%.
I flew in June, and I'm flying in early October - no worries. Haven't been inside a Walmart or Target (hi Target, I miss you) since I don't know when!

I usually always have a book and any RX meds I might need on me on domestic flights, a change of clothes on International flights. In recent years I've started wiping down the arm rests & table and seat buckle - I've never gotten sick from travel but I figured it couldn't hurt -so I'll continue to do that, although when I flew last the plane was super clean and you could smell the cleaner in the air.

I haven’t flown since February. I had Clorox wipes with me to wipe down the seats but at the time, it still wasn’t a big deal. It was actually to go on a Disney Cruise and the restrictions then were just no visits within 14 days from China and about 3 other countries.

I may fly this week for a funeral but that is also assuming there is one for me to go to. It’s a 6 hour drive. I don’t really want to do the drive because I would much rather fly in and back out same day than stay in a hotel.

If I do end up going then I’ll be taking Clorox wipes, my tablet and my noise cancelling headphones.

For overseas flights:
A change of clothes and any outerwear absolutely needed for where I'm going. After lost luggage on my way to Iceland, learned that the hard way.
A pashmina - works great to keep me warm or use as a blanket, then as a scarf/headcovering on the trip, my turtle neck "pillow", kindle, bottle for water (I usually buy a Fiji water once thru security - it fits perfectly in my travel purse), ear plugs, all my meds, my retainer, phone with charger and adapter, basic toiletries - toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, lotion. I can get all of this, and my travel purse, into a small backpack.

In the US:
not much - meds, ear plugs, retainer, phone.

I flew once to Orlando, where I was meeting the HS band for at trip the next day. My luggage had gone with the band by bus. I flew with a small purse that contained a toothbrush and clean underwear. THAT felt just wrong, but it's really all I needed since I was flying in at midnight and meeting the band at 9:00am.

i said "Hi" back to him lke 73 times, when that didnt stop him, I tried the traditional give him a dirty look when parents anit looking
Shoulda given the dirty look when the parents were looking, directed at them. It's time to reel your kid back in after the first dozen Hi's. Maybe not a dirty look but a look like "Really?", lol.

i said "Hi" back to him lke 73 times, when that didnt stop him, I tried the traditional give him a dirty look when parents anit looking
Poor kid was probably thinking, what can I do to make this guy stop? 😏

Last edited:
I bring a travel blanket that folds into a pillow because I'm always cold on the plane

YES!!
Once you've had a lost luggage you do start to pack carry-on things "in case"

Im getting on a 630 am flight Friday. Im packing a homemade sub, some pickles, and a couple bags of chips. Even if fast food was open that early, prices are ridiculous at the airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!