What shows are you currently binge watching?

I loved The Vampire Diaries. Have you watched The Originals? Thats good too.

The first & last episode I watched was the one with the pig. Nope can't go back there...
:scared1: What the heck is even with that show?!? My son highly recommended it so I tried to sit through an episode with him. It was something to do with everyone in society "rating" each other with "likes" on a social media app. It wasn't overtly gory or horrifying but yet so subtly disturbing that I had to make him turn it off. I'm even a little concerned that DS likes it so much. :scared:

Last edited:
Sense 8 (only watch if you want the really bizarre in a interesting way. It does contain tons of sex)
Wynonna Earp
Supernatural
Bleach
OA
Stranger Things (new season to drop soon)

Finished Van Helsing, which I loved.

Maybe I will try and pick up some of the teen vamp shows. VampD, I think I got through 2 seasons when it was on. I got sick of the teen love triangles.

I tried to watch Originals, but it soooo boring to me. The infighting of vamps, snooze.

Anne Rice is going to drop a show soon with the character LeStat. I WILL watch that!

Last edited:

And I also recently started The Great British Baking Show.

YES! I LOVE this show. :worship: :worship: :worship: It's my current favorite show I'm bingeing. I will be so sad when I'm caught up with all the episodes. :(

This show is so much better than the American skill-based competition shows. They believe in the viewers' intelligence and that we are tuning in to see a REAL competition. They believe an honest to goodness competition with genuine people with creative talent wanting to win is enough. :thumbsup2 They don't cast contestants or keep them around for created drama like Top Chef, and Project Runway with the twins this season who shouldn't even be on. :headache: :badpc:

The Great British Baking Show, had one contestant who seemed to be really victimy and the kind of person who always has a bunch of trauma dramas for attention. :rolleyes: When one of the dramas involved ruining another contestant's chances, Bam! they got rid of this person. :p

There are a few ways to watch episodes:
If you don't have Netflix, or even if you do, you may be able to catch the most recent season showing in the U.S. (2016) on your local PBS channel. That's how I started watching it. My local PBS channel has 3 upcoming episodes scheduled. :thumbsup2 Yours may re-air the season a few times, especially during their pledge drives. The current 2017 season is airing now in Britain, so we won't get that till next year on PBS over here. :teleport:

If you have Netflix, they only have 3 seasons out of the total 7 seasons. But, they never mention the winners of the previous seasons, so they are well worth watching even without the seeing the previous seasons.

Dailymotion (a French YouTube-type site) has the 4 earliest seasons under the show's original British name, "The Great British Bake OFF". (Apparently the Pillsbury company owns the trademark to the term "Bake Off," for their annual Pillsbury Bake Off contest, so the show had to change the name here in the states.) The renamed seasons here are not the same season numbers in the UK. Netflix isn't showing it from the real start. I think our seasons 1-3 are really 4-6 there. Season 7 (UK) is on PBS - it is called Season 4 here. However, be warned: Dailymotion does NOT have the finale episodes for their seasons 1-3. :badpc: You have to hunt around on the web for them at some European streaming sites. I think the BBC had DailyMotion remove the finale episodes. YouTube doesn't have ANY episodes here. Or you can Google for the name of the winners.

If (general) you are still on the fence about the show, don't just take my word for it, here are two reviews:

23 Reasons Why "The Great British Bake Off" Is The Best Show On Netflix:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/marietelling/23-reasons-why-you-should-watch-the-great-british-bake-off

Why 'The Great British Baking Show' is the best thing on Netflix:
http://www.tampabay.com/features/me...ing-show-is-the-best-thing-on-netflix/2326007

If you do decide to watch, you will need a language translator as British English is not the same as American English :upsidedow especially when it comes to pastries.:lmao:

The Clueless American's Guide To "The Great British Bake Off" [terminology.]
https://www.buzzfeed.com/jessicamisener/bloody-daft-puds-mate?utm_term=.svmJQymZJ#.wy7E8Rx7E

It took me forever to figure out that what they refer to as "sponge" is just regular cake, like yellow cake - what we have for Birthday cake. :cake: Not the really light, airy angel food cake - which we call a sponge cake. "Pudding" over there, I had to Google, and I'm still not sure about it. It seems to be anything :confused3 savory or sweet, with breading or cake and diced chunks of meat or fruit, baked in a deep ceramic bowl and flipped out of the bowl as a solid. :confused: It's definitely not mousse-like, like our Jello pudding or the Snack Pack puddings we send our kids off to school with. Their "biscuits" are cookies here. Not sure what they call a plain ole buttermilk biscuit. :confused3

Did I mention I love this show? :lmao:

Last edited:

I really enjoyed this show. Looking forward to starting Season 2 this evening....

Had heard about it before season one, yet somehow missed that it started and was entirely over before I knew it aired. Trying to catch up now & will eventually start season 2.

I really enjoyed this show. Looking forward to starting Season 2 this evening....
This was a fun show to watch! It's quite a role reversal for Michelle Dockery after playing Lady Mary on Downton Abbey- I'm sure that was her intention, not wanting to get typecast. The actor who plays Javier is so good looking too! :love:

This was a fun show to watch! It's quite a role reversal for Michelle Dockery after playing Lady Mary on Downton Abbey- I'm sure that was her intention, not wanting to get typecast. The actor who plays Javier is so good looking too! :love:

I've looked at my husband more than once and told him how displeased Carson would be with how she's behaving.

I've looked at my husband more than once and told him how displeased Carson would be with how she's behaving.

But didn't you always know that Lady Mary had a bit of "Lettie" within? I mean, there was the guy (Pamuk) dying in her room. Didn't they send him out in a carpet or something? Very Lettie!

In the past few months, I've caught up with Ash vs. the Evil Dead, Iron Fist, Defenders and the first Season of Stranger Things.

I'm currently going through Game of Thrones, need to finish Westworld while finishing up the new season of Voltron and be ready for Season 2 of Stranger Things and then the Punisher later this year.

Maybe if I get through things, I'll catch up on Once Upon a Time. I'm like 3 seasons behind in that.

Quick question, does anyone stream/binge watch in public?

I was in Panera when a risque scene came up during Game of Thrones. My back was to the booth and no one can see it but, I'm sure I'm not the only one watching adult shows in public.

Quick question, does anyone stream/binge watch in public?

I was in Panera when a risque scene came up during Game of Thrones. My back was to the booth and no one can see it but, I'm sure I'm not the only one watching adult shows in public.

I had downloaded lots of Mad Men episodes to watch on a long plane flight, and I felt a bit uncomfortable when some of the more risque scenes started that I just skipped over them. I have no idea what protocol actually is, and I was obviously using headphones so no one could hear it, and likely not many people would be able to see my screen anyway, but I was still uncomfortable.

I forgot in my previous post that I just watched " Big Little Lies". I got the DVD at the library and binged watched it. Excellent!

If you haven’t read the book I highly recommend it (and also by the same author The Husbands secret)

Like everyone else on the planet, I recently finished Stranger Things 2. It's still an excellent show, and I'm hoping 11 will have a better home life on the next season. I felt so badly for her!

I just finished The Good Place w/ Ted Danson and Kristen Bell. I was so surprised by how delightfully funny/silly it is! I fell in love w/ it like I fell in love w/ Schitz Creek. I am aching for new episodes of both these shows! :love:

Recently finished Mindhunters (didn't realize Holden was Kristoff from Frozen!) and now binging on Reign. Love the costuming and intrigue.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter