What smells remind you of WDW

now I know the title is weird but I’m weird so it’s okay lol..:crazy2:

So today in the UK it’s a beautiful bank holiday, it’s 26 degrees C thinks that’s round 78 - 79 (aka a mild day in Florida) don’t judge we don’t get sun that often. :beach:

So any who, this morning I went swimming with my son at the local pool (or as we call swimming baths)

Then this afternoon we decided to sit out in the garden so I sprayed him with suntan lotion and because it was between lunchtime and dinner he had some popcorn to snack on while I hung out our swim stuff to dry..

Honestly the combination of chlorine, popcorn and sunscreen had me thinking I was in Disney.. I closed my eye and was transported from my little garden in Kent to Florida..

Can’t be just me (but if it is I promise to seek professional help :hyper:) but does anyone else have triggers that transport them to Disney..

Now I’m wondering if I could get those combinations of smell made into a scent, not to wear :tongue: but when I’m having a crappy day at work, I could whip it out take a wiff and imagine myself on Main Street
I like this idea. I’ve been playing with aromatherapy lately so I’m going to try to make some Disney blends..

-Anything that smells similar to the "burning" of Rome in Spaceship Earth

I've seen this mentioned several times over the years. Am I the only one who has never noticed a distinct smell in that section?

Maybe it's because I wear "Burning Rome" cologne and I smell it all the time on myself.

I've seen this mentioned several times over the years. Am I the only one who has never noticed a distinct smell in that section?

Maybe it's because I wear "Burning Rome" cologne and I smell it all the time on myself.

Next time you visit be sure to not where your "cologne", and ride on the left side of the vehicle. Lean over as far as you can once you see the rubble and get a nice whiff.

Can't believe they discussed Smells of Disney on this weeks Best and Worst -

Now I know they record them in advance so I sure this is just one of those amazing co-inky-dink and Great Minds think alike.

Although now I am desperate to get back on Spaceship earth as I need to smell this fire smell. As I honestly can't remember there ever being a smell.

I have a scented marker that I bought a few years back. It smells just the like collapse of Rome scene in Spaceship Earth. Love smelling it every few months. I have never used it to write anything either. :crazy2:

The Pirates of the Caribbean smell at Disneyland. Every time I smell that somewhere, I instantly relax and it brings me mentally back to my happy place.

Not a smell, but music...somewhere I read about Visions Fantastic Radio, which has a channel on the "Tune In" smart phone app. They play nothing but Disney music. When I'm having an especially frustrating day, I listen to that. Well, that or Disney Chris's music podcasts on his website.

The smell of dirt reminds me of Soarin'. LOL.

I didn't grow up going to Disney, so I don't have a lot of those trigger smells. I grew up going to Kings Island in Mason, OH. Anytime I smell a combination of hot tar, axle grease, and chili/gross pizza, I'm transported.

The smell of dirt reminds me of Soarin'. LOL.

I didn't grow up going to Disney, so I don't have a lot of those trigger smells. I grew up going to Kings Island in Mason, OH. Anytime I smell a combination of hot tar, axle grease, and chili/gross pizza, I'm transported.
I'm kind of the same way, @Elizabeth Smith - did not get to WDW or DL until I was an adult. I grew up with Playland, in Rye, NY being my theme park, we went every single summer, multiple times, and it was totally enough for me growing up, didn't even know there WERE Disney parks. The smell of the "love boat ride" there, which was like a whiff of wet rope and railroad ties (weird, I know, but best way I can verbalize it!) always brings me back there, when/if I smell it. Can't say I've really noticed that smell @ Pirates per se, but will DEFINITELY make sure to pay closer attention whenever I get back.

really no smells, but i can attest that certain background songs reminds me instantly of future side of Epcot right away. Just a certain melody will bring me to Epcot. Sorry to the op about not enough sun...

Sometimes when I go to my local Super Target and I am walking by their snack area I smell caramel popcorn. Each and every time I smell this I am reminded of the Karamelle-Kuche shop in the Germany Pavilion at Epcot. The irony is that I don't think I have ever bought the caramel popcorn at Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!