What Snacks Do You Pack for the Parks?

scrappinginontario

We travel during FD so have many snack credits but I also like to take little snacks in my backpack that can get us through should the 'hangries' hit while in line or if we just need a little boost.

My go to is normally small packages of nuts with fruit.

What other snacks do you pack to help boost in a pinch?

Pretzels, nuts, those cheesy crackers all are good. Nothing chocolate because it'll melt.

For our kids we do uncrustables but we pack them frozen or they get gross really fast, goldfish and PB crackers. For me and DH we do protein bars and pretzels.

Honestly, I've never packed any snacks when it was just my wife and I aside form starbursts for her lows (she's type 1 diabetic).

It embarrassing to say, but until our like 4th or 5th trip together we didn't even know you COULD bring in snacks in and just figured because she kept her sugar in her insulin kit they assumed it was part of it. LOL

Now we have a little one so I'd imagine Cheerios, fruit, crackers, and the like will come in. I personally won't bring anything for me aside from a water bottle because stuffing my face with Disney treats is half of my fun. It's amazing how excited I get for a rice crispy treat in the shape of Mickey.

We mix it up. Raisins, cheddar bunnies, pretzels, or Sunchips. We also let the kids buy one snack a day, and buy fresh fruit from the vendors. This really keep us filled up. I prefer smaller snacks throughout the day. We usually do a TS for dinner.

If you’re looking for something small I always keep a little box of raisins in my pocket! They worked magic on my 2 year old and took up no space at all. They have small boxes of yogurt raisins too.

I make my own trail mix. Raisins, nuts, MMs, and pretzels. Nice combo of protein (nuts), carbs, and sweets.

I also bring those little tubs of peanut butter, Jif brand, to eat with celery sticks or apple slices. Toss in some raisins, to go with the celery, and you get "ants on a log"!

Protein bars, whole wheat crackers with peanut butter, twizlers ( can be used as straws) lol

I always pack Larabars, a flavor without chocolate in it. They don't melt, they can't get crushed/crunched, and they have the right amount of natural sugars and protein to hit the spot.

I always take Kind bars and dried fruit which is a great and filling snack. If i bring fresh fruit, like apples, I make sure to put a bit of lemon on them to help them from getting completely brown.

My kids always love the Go Squeeze apple sauce. We dont normally buy them because they are expensive but Disney does offer them as part of some kids meals. So seeing other kids, they were happy when mom pulled some as treats out of the snack bag.

For a sweet treat in line, we brought fruit gummy's which is also a treat for my kids. A bit lower in sugar than other candy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter