• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What song sparks up nostalgia??

shep

Let me tell ya about our 2008 trip out west...
Under the Bridge--RHCP--brings back the days of when all my friends were single and we were always 'hanging out'..now everyone is married with kids and we never get to see each other..

No Rain--Blind Melon brings back a lot of memories too about them days of being single...

Keeper of the stars, really sticks out when I think of me & DW, along with 'When I'm with you--Sheriff'

Butterfly Kisses--Bob Carlisle for my girls of course...:)

Knock Three Times reminds me of when I was little and my mom would crank the radio up and clean house. This song always stood out the most during those times.

Angel Eyes because of my ex, although it's not as nostalic to me any longer.

My Girl(s) because I've sang it to all 3 of my girls since they were born. Same thing with You Are My Sunshine.

It's Your Love because this is my husband and my song.

Easy like Sunday Morning- because it's the ONLY song my husband has ever sang to me. Albeit he was a little intoxicated, but it was still special to me. (my hubby is VERY shy and never sings alloud.)

Then of course there are always songs that come one, especially from the 80s era that take me back to a certain place and time when I was growing up.

Earth, Wind and Fire's "That's the Way of the World" because it was my DH and mine's "courting" song;

Doobie Brothers' "Black Water" was my high school gang's song;

Tavares' "Heaven Must Be Missing An Angel" was my college friends' drinking song;

and, lastly, the Stylistics "You Are Everything" always makes me cry because it was my song with my high school boyfriend who died. He used to call me every night and play the record over the phone as his way of saying goodnight. Even my DH, who knows the whole story, gets a little misty when he hears it now.

"Afternoon Delight" by the Starland Vocal Band. Brings back memories of the summer of "76".

"Talk Dirty to Me"-Poison reminds me of my ex boyfriend...he told me to download it one day when I had this HUGE crush on him and I fell in love with 80's hair bands, lol.

"Think About You"-Guns N Roses, reminds me of him, situation in the song fits my current one perfectly.

"Brown Eyed Girl" reminds me of Pine Lake Manor, the resort I go to every year for a week with 72 of my family members :) Family tradition long since I was born, the band at the sunday night dance plays this every year.

Right Here Waiting by Richard Marx because I listened to it every single night while DH was in the Gulf War. It described our situation to a 'T."

Here & Now by Luther Vandross because it is mine & DH's song.

Friends by Michael W. Smith because my mom had the pastor read the chorus of the song at my dad's funeral.

I have so many...

"Band on the Run" always reminds me of laying on the grass in my friend's yard in the summer, just hanging out and listening to the radio.

"Love Bites" reminds me of when DH and I were...oops, this is a family board.

"Alone Again Naturally" reminds me of driving with my late grandmother in her Chevy Corvair! Yikes that's dating me, isn't it?

"Back in Black" reminds me of my wild youth.

"It's a Miracle" by Barry Manilow reminds me of doing gymnastics outside in the summer as a kid.

I could go on forever, I'm a very nostalgic girl. ;)

Any Crosby Stills Nash & Young song, but especially Suite Judy Blue Eyes, reminds me of my parents. They were huge CSNY fans.

Big band music, and Frank Sinatra, make me think of my Granddaddy. He played the saxophone in a big band, and whenever I hear a sax, I think of him.

Wild Horses has always been "our song", and Van Morrison's Have I Told You Lately was the first song we danced to at our wedding.

Crocodile Rock, Black Water, Color My World, and probably about 50 other songs that I can't think of now remind me of Junior High School days.

Saturday Night Fever and the BeeGees remind me of High School.

Originally posted by GoofieRuthie
Knock Three Times
This song reminds me of Click-Clacks. :teeth:
-- Celebrate...by Three Dog Night reminds me of my sister, Trish.
-- Lola...by the Kinks came out in 1970! :eek:
-- Layla...Derrick and the Dominoes reminds me of my sister, Vicki.
All the 70's songs takes me back to my friends when we were 11-20. :teeth:

-- Summer Breeze...Seals and Croft reminds me of 8th grade and the first guy I danced with. Same for Hey Jude. ;)

Sheesh! Just by looking at a partial list of the songs from the '70s, I want a mini-vacation back to that time. :teeth:

There are a lot of songs, I am pretty sentimental.

Originally posted by grinningghost
I have so many...

"Love Bites" reminds me of when DH and I were...oops, this is a family board.
Love Bites? That's one I missed. But I know Love Stinks. :teeth:

If you want to go way back, Harry Belafonte's Day-O, reminds me of early weekend mornings when I was just a little kid. My Father liked to play Day-O, and marching band music, to try and get us up and out of bed. :)

I still like Day-O! :)

The first time DH ever kissed me, "La Grange" by ZZ Top was playing.

So, whenever I hear it now, that's what I think of.
I also think..MAN, that's a long song!!;)

gosh...there are soooooo many!!! my DH would laugh right now cuz i tell him that just about every song reminded me of him when we were apart...

Always by Atlantic Starr...that was "our" song in high school. even when we were split up for 12 years, everytime i heard this song, it would make me feel all giddy inside! it's a good thing he's now my DH cuz he understands my smile when i hear it...

Never Say Goodbye by Bon Jovi...that song always reminded me of my friends in high school and, of course, my DH!

most of the 80's "hair band" songs...they all remind me of high school...

just about any of Garth Brooks' slower songs...they've all reminded me of my now DH and what we were going through a few years ago.

you guys really don't want me to keep going!!! we would be here all day!!!

One song that also reminds me of DH is "Time For Me To Fly" by REO Speedwagon. I would listen to it when we were broken up, and I would be crying and singing the song at the top of my lungs. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Geez, I was such a dramatic teenager, I'm so glad that I have turned out to be such a stable and unemotional adult (NOT!). :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter