What subject were you worst at in school?

The class I learned the most in during College was Economics. It was also the class that I got the lowest grade in of all my College classes. I even asked the Professor if I had missed a prerequisite course. I had not. And I ENJOYED the class, just not the grade.
It wasn't until then that I began to question the accuracy and importance of grades.
And when I got out in the real world after College, I discovered how much more I knew about Economics than my co-workers. Go figure.

Geography. I"ve grasped a rough idea how the world is laid out, but have a hard time nailing down specifics.

I also have a lousy sense of direction, can't read a map, and pleeeease do not give me directions like "Go north 1/4 mile then head east for 2 miles" And it's only gotten worse with age.

Math/Algebra. It even haunted me decades later when I went back college. Intermediate Algebra was a challenge. I did okay in the college level though.

Any foreign language, in my case Spanish. I just don't have the aptitude for other languages.

Anything that involved a lot of reading. Funny thing is, I love to read, but my comprehension level is very poor. I can follow a story, but if I have to retain and learn something from it - forget it.

History and Science (except biology - loved that class). I wish I had appreciated history more back then because now I find it intriguing. But I always took history in summer school (so I could take band and still have a study hall), so it was long days (7-11 M-F) in a school with no AC, for 2 months. What wonderful summers I had.

Japanese. Although I did get a high distinction in a university linguistics course on second language acquisition for an essay explaining why I was so bad at Japanese!

English. I have always loved reading but having to pick books apart and write about them, booooooooring. :scared1:

Trig. I did great in all the other math classes, but couldn't grasp the concepts. Made me decide not to take Calculus my senior year.

Languages(English, French, German). There was a big section with pages of words at the end of the text books, they made us learn about ten/fifteen words for every time we had that class and that is just not how I learn. I learned much more English from tv :rotfl2:

Gym and recess.

I was starting to think I was the loner here.
PE. What a nightmare that was. Graded on how many baskets I could make in a minute? Or how many freaking baseballs I could hit out of ten pitches? Sheesh. If it weren't for the written tests, I would have failed. lol

If it's in a book, I can learn it. But, don't expect hand-eye coordination from me. Never going to happen.

Gym. I hated being graded on how fast I could run/how well I could catch a ball, etc. I could study to learn any other subject, I couldn't study myself into being an athlete. The ONE year the teacher graded on effort level and improvement, I did well.

Calligraphy, or any art classes, really.

I don't feel like I was very good at Chemistry, although I probably got B's.

Calculus was hard except when I was able to apply it in my Physics class.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter