What the fork

Mrs~Incredible

Mouseketeer
I happened my way into a social media group today.

Tons of people there who are grabbing as many ressies as they can to barter or trade them.

As in "I found these 4 reservations for the group today, who wants them?"

I am so angry that there are masses of people with time on their hands who scoop up ADRs they nevER intend to use.

Seriously folks, it's gone WAY too far.

And sadly, I'm sure this isn't even the worst of it.

I need a magical moment.

Once upon a time there was a group that did this w CRT. Made it near impossible to book. This group would then dole out adrs to the worthy

At some point this other group will get burned I am sure. They will lose the adr when attempting to transfer or if they are dumb enough to book it using their own cc and trusting others to not blow it off...

Please do not list the group name. I really don't want to know

How do they get them all unless they are staying on property? And even then when I was on the phone at 6 am on my day there was very little to be had. I often wonder if anyone has a job any more that they have time to be searching for ADRs all the time.

I just saw a post like this the other day. Someone found a reservation and just decided to grab it in case someone in their planning group needed it.
Beyond annoying.

I am so angry that there are masses of people with time on their hands who scoop up ADRs they nevER intend to use.

How do they get them all unless they are staying on property? And even then when I was on the phone at 6 am on my day there was very little to be had. I often wonder if anyone has a job any more that they have time to be searching for ADRs all the time.

While some of these people probably are just on their computer continuously searching, I'd bet my hat that there are many who have figured out some kind of program, so their computer does it on it's own and alerts them. Touring Plans obviously has one, so it can't be that hard to do if you know what you're doing.

Do they sell the reservations then? Seems like a lot of work for little gain. I kind of liked it better when we had to call to make reservations. There was a lot less dishonesty and hoarding.

I happened my way into a social media group today.

Tons of people there who are grabbing as many ressies as they can to barter or trade them.

As in "I found these 4 reservations for the group today, who wants them?"

Seriously folks, it's gone WAY too far.

And sadly, I'm sure this isn't even the worst of it.

I need a magical moment.

I was complaining about this on another thread recently. I had to leave the group, because I was getting so annoyed with it. I wanted to call them out so bad.

Yeah, sorry to be a negative Nellie here. I had to get it off my chest. I love the rules of the dis boards here for cancellations- it is just the kindness of strangers. No pressure for trades. The other site looked like a black market. It stressed me out just looking at stuff there.

I am glad there is a place like the Dis.

Thank you @Pumbaa_ for setting up our guidelines.
:flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter