What the heck is a "rolled chicken taco"?

This is the first time I've heard of them. My kids would love them (and probably know about them).

Man - Takis! It's funny, because I went with a friend to LA earlier this year and after a few days he asks me, "What's with all the Takis?" Like, literally everyone in LA goes around with a bag of Takis - it's like the official snack of SoCal! It's something I had noticed before, but thought it was just me, so getting verification on that was nice. I have actually never eaten one.

We had never seen or heard of them before we moved to the south and everyone had them. With all the 'hot' food items locally we just assumed it was a southern thing.

Yeah. I got curious and looked them up and they are made by Barcel, a division of Bimbo which is a Mexican company, so that may be why. Apparently they make all kinds of stuff I've never even seen in stores here (Takis are available jut not prevalent). Some of it looks good too.
Interesting! They’re available at my grocery store but not very popular here and for some reason I assumed they were an imported Asian snack, although yes, I do know that fuego is a Spanish word. :upsidedow

We had never seen or heard of them before we moved to the south and everyone had them. With all the 'hot' food items locally we just assumed it was a southern thing.

Oh, they're in all the stores, I just never see people walking around with them like you do in LA. They don't seem like anything special here - though as discovered since they are made by a Mexican company they do seem popular in that community.

I almost got some Taco Bell for dinner last night, but I didn't end up going. Maybe this weekend.

They do remind me of Takis.

Takis-Fuego-Product.png
Those are disgusting! We have them in the house a lot, my kids buy them, I’ll try again, but I still don’t like them.

Just revisiting an old thread since taquitos and Takis were mentioned. A few weeks ago I found myself at a Mexican restaurant that didn't have normal tacos. I asked what they did have, and it was something they called taquitos, but they were actually small, crispy tacos with somewhat of an uneven wheat flour shell. Reminded me of El Pollo Loco crispy tacos or other places with crispy tacos made with flour tortillas. They did have some awesome, small burritos.

Also - Six Flags seems to have discontinued its relations with Barcel/Takis. Around New Years I was at Disneyland and brought a few bags of Takis, and some asked where I got them. It's pretty easy now that their official policy is that guests can bring in their own snacks, although that was their unofficial policy. Last year they switched to Kraft/Heinz as their official condiment supplier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!