what the heck?

Was having the same issues with early Dec so finally called, and according to a CM I spoke with this morning, they haven't released all restaurant reservations due to anticipated(?) upcoming package deals...like CP, Star Wars, whatever, but she said to keep checking and some may be released soon. Hope this helps :goodvibes

Were checking in on 12/26....not looking forward to making dining reservations at all, Im guessing Im gonna have the same luck at the 180+10 mark.......Its getting harder and harder to make desired ADRs

I dont think historical data will be accurate for the first week of this December. The resorts are nearly booked for my stay. I think it's going to be very busy.

Today was my adr day, too, and I overslept. I woke up in a panic at 7am...no BOG lunch. Its all I wanted. There are two parties, and a CM event at MK during my stay. Still, its crazy there was no availability, even for a party of 2. I managed to grab a Sci Fi for my husband and myself, then got very lucky around noon today and got a BOG lunch for a party of five on our MK day. I looked around at availability at other restaurants, and was surprised how little is actually available.

The last time we went in mid-November (Which I understand is not December) we had the same issue. When I called Disney they all seemed shocked as well and had no idea. They could see there were no reservations available but could also see nothing was booked in most places. This was not during Candlelight Processional which is what most people tried to blame it on. Eventually, they started to release dates. I put a few restaurants on Reservation Tracker through touring plans and when I was notified the entire day was wide open. I am not sure why Disney does this in November/December but is has happened for at least the past 2 years. Just keep watching.

You guys have me worried. We're going Dec 13th to the 22nd. We have some places we really want. I hope we can get them.

ADR window opened up 10 minutes ago for a trip being planned in december (early december, predicted crowds are relatively low), was online right on time and....NOTHING we want to book is available?

and we aren't looking for super hot ticket places.....we want like a dinner at rose & crown, art smiths, etc and lunches at tusker house....what the heck is going on??? in all the trips i've planned, i've never had trouble getting what we want around the general time we wanted 180 days out. i'm super confused.

All 3 are popular spots. Keep looking and something is sure to open up.😉

had alot of trouble today for solo reservations. Not a single lunch or dinner for Rose and Crown for my entire 10 day stay on the website in December, my window opened today. Coral Reef was almost as impossible. I don't get it.

ADR window opened up 10 minutes ago for a trip being planned in december (early december, predicted crowds are relatively low), was online right on time and....NOTHING we want to book is available?

and we aren't looking for super hot ticket places.....we want like a dinner at rose & crown, art smiths, etc and lunches at tusker house....what the heck is going on??? in all the trips i've planned, i've never had trouble getting what we want around the general time we wanted 180 days out. i'm super confused.
I don’t know what’s going on. My luck was abysmal. I didn’t get one thing at a preferred time, and the web browsers wouldn’t work at all, only MDE app.

My DH and I stalked the webpage all evenings and have a tentative plan, but it was surprisingly hard!

Yes! Thank you for posting this! This exact thing happened to me this morning. Was on at 4:55 am, refreshed and started checking as the clock struck 5:00 am (CST) and didn’t get half of what we wanted for December 4-9! No CRT lunch, Be Our Guest dinner, Ohana breakfast, Trattoria al forno breakfast, Tiffins ROL package or Rose and Crown lunch. This has NEVER happened to us in any of our trips. I know it’s a busy DVC time (we are DVC) and Star Wars, Christmas, etc. but this is crazy. I couldn’t find CRT for lunch over two different days, which I know from past experience is a less crowded meal, for any time for any number in our party. Same with Be Our Guest dinner. I know both are extremely popular but Ohana breakfast? I was able to book that for two different dates this past spring break and we weren’t staying on property so I didn’t have on-site advantage and I didn’t even wake up early, I just went online around 7-8 am at 180. I even had to split our party of 5 to get a decent time for lunch at Hollywood and Vine! Crazy! And others that shouldn’t be that hard like Brown Derby and California Grill (which we grabbed as a default when BOG wasn’t available) gave me only one choice (which luckily was near our preferred time) when previously I would be given numerous time options.

I did read on other threads that Trattoria al Forno and Rose and Crown haven’t been loaded yet based on CP packages, so I hope that’s true. I’m really hoping there is something going on in general as this is a birthday trip and we’re planning on getting deluxe dining and I can’t fill all our credits as of right now.

Please let me know if you see increased availability in the near future! I have reservation alerts set but I’m super disappointed right now.

I researched and researched just so I’d know what we were up against, and the only free dining offer I could find for December is for UK guests. 🤷‍♀️
Past few years it was for US too through Xmas as we have family friends who have been booking. They arrive around the 18th and stay until the 26th ish and get free dining. But I did see this year is different and cut back. Maybe I'll text SIL (it's her in laws that book it) to see if they got it this year.

I can tell you that Le Cellier just opened up for the first week of December today. My 180 was last week and they had nothing and then suddenly today, all kinds of availability. Super strange.

I can tell you that Le Cellier just opened up for the first week of December today. My 180 was last week and they had nothing and then suddenly today, all kinds of availability. Super strange.

Looks like same case with Biergarten, happy to say! :goodvibes

Oh, that makes sense then. But that shouldn’t apply yet right? We check in December 4 and our 180 just opened today.

I think it’s more than just FD. This year the first week of December follows Thanksgiving, so there’s that crowd. Also, the first week of December is historically peak for DVC. We are DVC and tend to book split-stays, so that also makes early adr booking possible.

California Grill also came available for Thanksgiving dinner today. It was previously grayed out on the calendar.

I do not know why...but I had the same experience...online at 5:45 am and could not get Le Cellier regardless of party size, time or day. Thanks for letting us know it opened up...I had been driving myself crazy and the only thing keeping me sane was this link I found trying to research the issue...https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlfc8zZF7Wc

Like, this is so annoying. I like just checked November's availability for Lunch for Rose and Crown and there are TONS of availability....right up to the day after Thanksgiving. Then it all ends. No lunch. No dinner. For the entire month of December. All because of Disney refusing to release the dates because of the candlelight processional dining package. (I guess) That is so not fair. Some of us are OCD and just NEED to make all our dining reservations IMMEDIATELY at 180 days out. This is like, severely triggering to us. LOL. :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter